Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

rchelicoptershop

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
treemolecule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rchelicoptershop

Does anyone know anything about RCHeliCopterShop.com? If they are reputable and where they might ship from? I haven't found too much info, thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: rchelicoptershop

They are in Hong Kong and ship from there, but thats all I know.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
treemolecule

hey i just ordered a few parts from you, got any suggestions on a brushless motor/esc upgrade for my HBK2?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
USHobbySupply

Hey,
For an hbk2, a 25a or better esc and a 3800 or 3900 motor. All esky is ok, HobbyWing is better. The nice thing about the esky setup (25a esc and 3100 motor) is that all the conenctors are pre-wired. The esc does have a male deans on it, so you may have to change your battery(s).
With those in mind, a 10 or 11 tooth pinion would work great!

Cheers,
Michael
Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
downunderdog

I've ordered from them a couple of times (1500 mAh 3S lipo, metal parts and blade upgrades for a Lama V3, other spare parts for my Lama) and never had any problems. They ship from Hong Kong - shipments have been surprisingly fast to Australia... I'm not sure how it would go on an order shipped to the States.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Druss

I've ordered from them before with no issues.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:39 AM
pgroom_68

Hey guys,

They are my favourite heli shop as they only take 1 week to ship to this side of the globe & parcels are always well-wrapped! I drop a small fortune with them every month. So far, I've ordered most of the Lama/Dauphin EOM parts (everything from skids to servos), metal upgrade sets, airy II blades, 2 cm extended Turbo shaft & original Tx battery from them! I also email them constantly & they always reply promptly with info. I don't know re. hbk2 parts, but I suspect it would be great also. Having said this, Michael @ USHobbySupply.com is also extremely brilliant and closer to you.

Peter
Old 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
treemolecule

thanks a bunch for the input guys, honk kong is a little far looks like i'll be bugging Michael for RC parts hehe. Back to the brushless upgrade, I've heard a lot about Esky ESC's bieng not that great quality, but i don't know! i just want to get this 370 off my heli, yuck.

Thanks
-Kev [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
dcoll

Hey Kev
In reply about rchelicopter I ordered a lama v4 from them freight is high from Hongkong but these are great people to buy from
I had a problem with 4in1 going bad on heli I emailed Camus Wong who is owner of shop with problem he responded immediatley
and sent me a new 4in1 . Any time I email him he is quick to respond I would recommend him for any purchases if you cant get
something from ushobbysupply he has good prices and as I said very helpful to his customers.

Dwayne
Old 02-08-2009, 04:21 AM
MASJO

I also purchase from RCHeliCopterShop.com (Hong Kong). No prob with them. Always receive items. I'm in Western Australia.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My son ordered a Walkera Lama2 from them. It had a bad receiver from the get go and he had to send it back to him ON HIS OWN DIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $42 worth. So much for their Christmas Special and "we test everything we sell". BULL. Buy American.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 AM
downunderdog

Buy American.
Are any of the RC helicopters American made?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 AM
funflier

uh,
hate to ask but where do you buy American made RC helicoptor parts for Chinese helicoptors???
Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
USHobbySupply

maybe he means buy from an american shop?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

Have to disagree with you Michael on ESky esc's being good... especially the 25A esc... they are junk and not worth the money... But as for the HobbyWing esc's they are hugely better... more money but def better... Also if someones buy'n an esc it pays to get them with the switching bec's rather than the linear bec's... higher quality, a little more money but far fewer problems...

And SJM is an 'American" made heli that you can even buy knock-off chineese parts for too... lol... But I by HK mostly and never had a problem... I've bought 'American' and HAVE had problems... So buy... HK... lol

happy heli'n

wowsers... Just looked at that site and they are not cheap... maybe depends on what ur buy'n but still... not cheap, imo
Old 02-15-2009, 12:28 AM
KCinNC

i still have the Esky 25a ESC i bought over a year ago with the 3800 motor...and it has been run hard !!! i've never had a problem whatsoever with the ESC
Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 AM
funflier

Your one of the lucky few I lost mine the first week I had it and was only running the 3900 motor Wasnt even doing more then a hover when it started to smoke.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 AM
DumbDawg

Mine also was on a 3900 motor and wasn't even off the ground, had about a dozen hovers. I went to plug it in and it went full throttle on me... Thought I made a mistake somewhere and rechecked everything over 3 - 4 times to make sure... plugged in again and did the same thing... This time with the blades removed... Third time it puffed a big ball of smoke an died... First nail in the coffin for my NOT buy'n ESky junk anymore...

happy heli'n
Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 AM
kodak_jack

Yes, buy from an American vendor if you're from the US. If Camus Wong is such a nice guy, why did he make my son spend that kind of money to ship his stuff back?!![>:] If he advertises his stuff is pre-tested, why the DOA? It also came with an adapter for the battery charger to convert it to 120VAC. What's up with that? An order coming to the US should come with the right charger.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
DumbDawg

Mistakes do happen.... I've been hosed royally by an american shop, large, too... It won't matter that you get into the mindset of buying american only because it happens right at home to... Mistakes happen... Toss'n the baby out with the bathwater doesn't solve anything... Did you contact them about the shipping??? Did you get a refund or exchange right away??? Personally, I've had fewer problems from HK than I've had from the US... I still buy out of the US tho...

happy heli'n
Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM
kodak_jack

ORIGINAL: DumbDawg

Did you contact them about the shipping??? Did you get a refund or exchange right away??? Personally, I've had fewer problems from HK than I've had from the US... I still buy out of the US tho...

happy heli'n
They told him they would only replace the bad parts if he mailed them back at HIS expense. The whole thing took over a month too. If there's a problem with a NEW heli or part, I /my son are not about to spend money on shipping to Hong Kong. You can call a dealer in your own country or pay only part of what a shipment to Hong Kong will cost.
Getting back to the original question, which had NOTHING to do with motors or ESC's, there are other dealers out there without negative feedback.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
downunderdog

there are other dealers out there without negative feedback.
Well, when you find one that satisfies your needs with respect to pricing, shipping time, service, feedback from others, stock levels, and variety of stock, you should stick with them. In most cases, there's some amount of trade-off between those and other factors. For my needs, the HK shops are pretty good. That's probably related to the fact that things are pretty expensive down in Oz, and the HK prices are pretty good even when you factor in shipping. It becomes less of an advantage when you're in the States and have more "local" options with prices that are as good or at least in the same ballpark as the HK shops, shipping is cheaper, and coordination is easier. But it's pretty much hands down a better deal to order things from HK than to buy things locally in Australia.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Basically that is the big downside to ordering from a vendor in Hong Kong. While there may well be some good vendors there, if you get a faulty part, shipping it back can be very expensive from here in the states. Since I live in the U.S. I generally always try to order from a vendor here, that way if there is a problem and something has to be sent back it is alot less expensive.

U.S. customs can sometimes be a real pita too. I once ordered something from Canada and it was stuck in U.S. customs for 3 months.