Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky lama 3 upgardes (HOW TO)

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky lama 3 upgardes (HOW TO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
swalke2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky lama 3 upgardes (HOW TO)

Run them before I install them?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: swalke2
Run them before I install them?
Hey again Steve,

Install them into heli, and get a good gear mesh. Plug them into 4in1 and make sure they are rotating in the correct directions (bottom blades rotate CW, top CCW), remove blades, run at half throttle for 5 mins - then increase throttle a little & run them for another 5 mins - then increase again.....until 20 mins is up! (four throttle settings will do it). This can all be done within one lipo due to removal of blades and there is still enough load from the rest of the system to bed in brushes to the armiture..... Make sense?

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
swalke2

Hi Peter,

Ok thanks fo the tip. I was going to drop them in and fly away... I talked to Aeronutz who makes the supreme 180's and they are even out of stock until next month. Got any leads?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:48 PM
pgroom_68

Hi Peter,
Ok thanks fo the tip. I was going to drop them in and fly away... I talked to Aeronutz who makes the supreme 180's and they are even out of stock until next month. Got any leads?
Hey again Steve,
Order them from the USA importers of aeronuts - they usually have a stock of them. [link=http://www.helitek-rc.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=51]Supreme bearing motors[/link]
As you probably already know they are out of stock everywhere! Even [link=http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Aero_Nuts_Supreme_180_BB_motors_p/an180.htm]BoomTownHobbies.com[/link] is out! Wow.

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. O no! I have sets still in bags, but I live in Australia and am not a store! Looks like you will have to wait now.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:29 PM
swalke2

Hello again all,
Still waiting on some aero nutz motors to come into stock

Anyway been flying with what i got for now. Installed the turbo shaft and wow.

Question: I have been noticing that im sputtering alot. Sometimes the props will jerk after installing the battery (tx is on) almost like its getting iterferance with something. I have tried in diffferent locations and still the same result. while flying its very jerky and sputtering as well.

I have looked for shorts and crosses but have found no culprit.

Is this a bad tx/rx Im seeing or the motors?

Thanks for the help.

Steve
Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 AM
pgroom_68

Hello again all,
Question: I have been noticing that im sputtering alot. Sometimes the props will jerk after installing the battery (tx is on) almost like its getting iterferance with something. I have tried in diffferent locations and still the same result. while flying its very jerky and sputtering as well.
Thanks for the help.
Hey again Steve,

As long as the Tx batteries are OK - and the aerial wire (I'm guessing you have an FM bird) is not crossed up - or worse still - cut off or come out of the 4in1, I suspect the same as you - radio interference. The jerking MAY just go away when you install new motors - keep us informed!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. You could buy [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290298593945]AFCSystems motors[/link] - a little more expensive, but just as good - and available NOW (it sounds like you need them soon )
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 AM
swalke2

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hello again all,
Thanks for the help.
Hey again Steve,

As long as the Tx batteries are OK - and the aerial wire (I'm guessing you have an FM bird) is not crossed up - or worse still - cut off or come out of the 4in1, I suspect the same as you - radio interference. The jerking MAY just go away when you install new motors - keep us informed!

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. You could buy [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290298593945]AFCSystems motors[/link] - a little more expensive, but just as good - and available NOW (it sounds like you need them soon )
Or just make a trip to New South Wales for a vacation and pick up the extra set you have
Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 PM
pgroom_68

Or just make a trip to New South Wales for a vacation and pick up the extra set you have
Hey again Steve,

I would be honoured! (mine haven't arrived yet - but by the time you get here so will they.....)
WHEN are you coming to visit?? My wife and son will make plans to go to her mothers for the weekend - 'cause they are both sick of hearing "helis, helis, helis"

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM
swalke2

ok so the problem (above) has gotten worse and im not sure what to do beside scrap the whole thing and build a new one.

Here is what is happening.

1) Turn on the radio
2) plug in battery
3) stand back cause its about to start thrashing.

Once the battery I plugged in, the servo arms go straight up and I start hearing a hissing sound coming from them and I also hear a clicking sound. They act like I am throttled all the way up Blades don't move or sometimes they go full out with throttle down posistion. I can try and throttle up and the blades don't even think about moving, sometimes they do.

I have traced all wires to make sure there are no shorts or raw spots. I have also tried the HBFP in the same location to make sure I was not getting a cross in signal. Im not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Steve
Old 07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
pgroom_68

ok so the problem (above) has gotten worse and im not sure what to do beside scrap the whole thing and build a new one.
Here is what is happening.
1) Turn on the radio
2) plug in battery
3) stand back cause its about to start thrashing.
Once the battery I plugged in, the servo arms go straight up and I start hearing a hissing sound coming from them and I also hear a clicking sound. They act like I am throttled all the way up Blades don't move or sometimes they go full out with throttle down posistion. I can try and throttle up and the blades don't even think about moving, sometimes they do.
I have traced all wires to make sure there are no shorts or raw spots. I have also tried the HBFP in the same location to make sure I was not getting a cross in signal. Im not sure what else to try. Any ideas?
Hey again Steve,

Sounds to me like the crystals in you Tx are not seated correctly - or not working at all. For replacements, try ebay. You must get Esky replacements - they are cheap.

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 PM
swalke2

Peter, good to hear from you. Was hoping you would be on tonight.

The crystals are the little tab thing on the 4 in 1 that can be pulled out?

if so is it safe to say I could pull them from my honeybee FP to test this theory,then use the HBFP radio? being that both are e-sky?

What exactly would I search for on ebay to find what I need...?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
pgroom_68

Peter, good to hear from you. Was hoping you would be on tonight.
The crystals are the little tab thing on the 4 in 1 that can be pulled out?
if so is it safe to say I could pull them from my honeybee FP to test this theory? being that both are e-sky?
What exactly would I search for on ebay to find what I need...?
Thanks
Hey again Steve,

This is the only forum that I subscribe to! It is Sunday lunchtime here - 1316 actually (time zones are a pain sometimes). The crystals in your Transmitter (remote) create a type of "field" (for the want of another term) in a dome-shape around you. If your heli is within this area it should be protected from outside radio-wave interference. They are located on the front face of your 0404 Tx with the frequency number on the plastic 'carrier'. It sounds like you need to pull them straight out, line the two pins up again and then re-plug them back in first, before you try anything else! Ensure that they are a tight fit, wobble them after you have put them back.

P.S. Try this first, and we'll go from there....
Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 PM
swalke2

Thanks Pete,
Its 11:30 PM here and the baby is asleep [:-] so ill have to give it a go in the morning. I am picking up what your laying down though. ill report back

Thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 10:36 PM
pgroom_68

...if that doesn't make any diff. then, yes you can use FP crystals as long as they fit and are Esky. Try to search on ebay for "Esky crystals" within the same frequency range (72.xxx or 35.xxx etc) - just to be sure. I found them for $6 a pair incl. shipping just a few seconds ago.....

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. As I posted before, it is more likely that your Tx crystals are the prob, but IF you do purchase a pair - install them BOTH as they are a matched pair.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 AM
swalke2

Thanks Peter,
TX crystals were the culprit. I pulled the crustals from my honeybee and everything worked as it should.

Thanks for your help!!
Steve
Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
pgroom_68

Thanks Peter,
TX crystals were the culprit. I pulled the crustals from my honeybee and everything worked as it should.
Thanks for your help!!
Hey again Steve,

YOU'RE QUITE WELCOME!