Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
 Is this ok for a beginner guys? >

Is this ok for a beginner guys?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Is this ok for a beginner guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this ok for a beginner guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130317978692

I also purchased this because i seen someones youtube video saying if you had this heli,it would be good to have this,Did i make a good purchase and will i have problems with this?Please share your opinions
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130318166500
Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 AM

Default RE: Is this ok for a beginner guys?

ORIGINAL: peytonm18

I also purchased this because i seen someones youtube video saying if you had this heli,it would be good to have this,Did i make a good purchase and will i have problems with this?Please share your opinions
Hi,

technically the heli is identical to the lama4 - so it is a good beginner heli ... the reason why I would prefer the lama4 to the dauphin is the wheels. If you never had a heli before, you will not be able to totally avoid hard landings in the beginning - and to all I have heard and read (i have a L4, but no dauphin) the wheels break fairly easily.
Otherwise its a great platform to learn and to modify ... I just think you will need quite a few wheels in the beginning ...

Regards,
Sven

Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 PM

Hey peytonm18,

You MUST make some way of cushioning the hard landing (especially for the front wheel). Here is [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8793950]a link[/link] to a solution.

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM

cool,thanks alot for that solution.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Any idea on what is the best upgrade for the blades?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Any idea on what is the best upgrade for the blades?
Definitely the Extremes for the smaller coaxials - you wont get disagreements from any members here!
Seriously - buy [link=http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/category_s/37.htm]Extreme Blades[/link] - there is no substitute!
(Ensure that you buy both an upper (A) and lower (B) pair)

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 AM

I use the "hardened white blades" from helitek-rc on my CX2 / LV4 I've hit several things with them (couch, side of the house, father in law, father in law's car) and have yet to replace a single blade.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: mlthmp
I use the ''hardened white blades'' from helitek-rc on my CX2 / LV4 I've hit several things with them (couch, side of the house, father in law, father in law's car) and have yet to replace a single blade.
Hey mlthmp,

Are they these [link=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14985]DX Blades[/link]? If so - they are my second choice.....

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 07-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Well i just got it today and it does'nt work[]I don't know what to do.The LED light on the 4 in 1 mixer stays SOLID RED and it's supposed to be green.I have the throttle stick down all the way,battery fully charged ect. Doing everything the right way,anyone know what might be wrong with this?Blades won't even spin but the gyro will move up/down/right/left
Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Well i just got it today and it does'nt work[]I don't know what to do.The LED light on the 4 in 1 mixer stays SOLID RED and it's supposed to be green.I have the throttle stick down all the way,battery fully charged ect. Doing everything the right way,anyone know what might be wrong with this?Blades won't even spin but the gyro will move up/down/right/left
Hey again,

Lower the trim beside the throttle stick to the bottom. This is a safety feature to ensure noone gets hurt by spinning blades...

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]
P.S. The gyro in these is an electronic part of the 4in1 and doesn't physically move - what you saw was probably the servo arms which are connected to the swashplate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49632.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1244937  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM

yep,thats what i meant On the reciever,what is the trainer switch for and do the 4 servo reverser switches need to be where they are in the picture or is everyone different and should i leave mine where they were when i got it?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 AM

yep,thats what i meant On the reciever,what is the trainer switch for and do the 4 servo reverser switches need to be where they are in the picture or is everyone different and should i leave mine where they were when i got it?
Hi Peyton,

what is the trainer switch for?? Good question, I never used mine - let alone tried to find out what its for. But as far as the servo reverser switches go:
If you look at peters picture, they are rev - nor - rev - nor ... mine are different:

AIL - rev
ELE - rev
THR - nor
RUD - nor

My recommentdation would be, as long as you don't buy a part that requires you to change something, leave those switches where they are.

Regards,
Sven

Edit:
If the solid red LED is not a sign for your 4in1 being toast, then you may just want to try changing plugs a bit - I just installed an other 3in1 on my Lama4 which I control with the RX part from the original Esky receiver and I had to experiment quite a bit with the connectors (servo connectors, the connectors from the 3in1 to the RX, motor plugs) before everything worked right again. I say that, because right now my motor plugs connect to the 3in1(from top to bottom) - + - + as opposed to the usual + - - +
So you see, there is quite a bit of room for subtle differences .....

Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Sven,

Mine are the same as yours,i think i'll just leave them go,thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 AM

yep,thats what i meant On the reciever,what is the trainer switch for....
Hey again peytonm18,

The Transmitter (Tx) has a trainer switch. There are coaching 3m cables available with two mini din plugs that connect between the port on the rear of the 0404 Tx. The coach holds the switch on his/her Tx and (s)he has control, but immediately the swtich is released the control goes to the student Tx!

I remember on one of my old Tx for a different brand (which will remain nameless), that switch wasn't even connected!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. The port on the rear of Tx is also used for connecting a "softdog" which joins the Tx to a computer for flight simulators.
P.P.S. I have seven Tx and the reversing switches are different for many of them - just leave them where they are.........