Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Night fly for electrics

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 PM
show366

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night fly for electrics

I am planning some electric NIGHT flies for 2011 for my club. This will be the third year my club has done this. We usually invite the other local clubs in the area and usually have a nice crowd of on lookers. In the past guys have brought food to share, campfire, even a simulator set up on the bed of a club members truck for anyone to try. We usually start around 9 PM and sometimes we have been flying till two in the morning. But it's just flying.....nothing more.......it's just cool so see are the lighted planes in the air against the night time sky.

This coming year I am wondering what kind of games or flying contest I could have.......remember this is a night and our field has no electric power or lighting.....just some torches we set up and lanterns.

But I am thinking maybe a generator and using some rope lights. One idea is laying four rope lights out on the ground to form a tic-tac-toe grid for a spot landing contest.

Another idea is a pylon race.......we have PVC pylons all ready made......was going to light them with Christmas lights.

Another idea is to make a giant lighted hoop to see who is brave enough to fly through.

So what do you think? Any suggustions? Any other clubs have night flys?