Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Don Lowe Masters

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
udn-udn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Lowe Masters

Well folks,the pilots are here,lots of spectators,judges and great sunshine! I watched all the big boys practice today and it should be a real struggle to take the top honors. We have more spectators today( Wednesday) to watch practice than we've ever had for Saturday finals in years past. Vendor row is getting a bunch of folks as well. The flying is wonderful and the guys are very prepared. Get your rears down here!!! Bob Sadler
Old 09-30-2004, 11:34 AM
plasticmaster

Default RE: Don Lowe Masters

I'm coming up from Irmo, SC on Saturday to watch the finals. How late in the day does the competition run on Thursday and Friday? Do the contestants practice late in the afternoon until dark? I'm wondering if it is worth my while to drive up after work today or tomorrow. Would I see some flying say from 6:00pm to 7:00pm? It's only a one hour drive for me.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Galloping Ghost
My Feedback: (12)

Hey Bob,

That is going to be a world class event! Wish I could make it down. I would highly recommend that everyone get down there early to see one of the premiere RC events in the USA!!!

P.S. Bob, Kate at Shears was asking about you today!!! That's right!
Old 10-01-2004, 01:12 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Just got home after the first day of competition! Couldn't stay all weekend but the first day was awesome! Great weather and some absolutely amazing flights. Highly recommend you get down there if at all possible, it isn't often you get to see that much talent in one place!