Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Perry GA show

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:22 PM
ablaker2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Perry GA show

Oh Yes!!! a week from today.. and I have to be there at 6 AM to to help with the table layout. I am scheduled to be in the indoor flying area for my work periods Wish I could fly my latest bird indoors but tis a wee bit too big. A Kadet Sr. rigged for night flying. This is the second one I have built to fly in the dark, one of the treats of going to one of the fly-ins at Hodges Hobbies Fly-Ins in Americus, Georgia. (www.hodgeshobbies.com)

The only flying field I know of that comes complete with a fully equipped hobby shop. It too is worth a trip to be there. Although I am a glow and gas fuel flyer..The SEFF (Southeast Electric Fun Fly ) is one great event. Almost as big as the Joe Nall but getting bigger every year. Mac Hodges will have a large spread of planes and components at the show next week You can usually find him on the back wall of the McGill building. There was a time when I though Georgia was not a modelers state..I have since changed my mind. Between the Southeast model show and Mac's Hobby shop in Americus, I am close to model airplane heaven.
Every day that passes is one more day closer to the show and after Next Saturday it starts all over again..can't wait for the next show.
There may be a recession in this country, but the modelers in this country are resourceful and we will always find a way to get airborne..
If you ain't been to our show...COME ON DOWN or UP or OVER,. No matter which direction you come from, you are bound to have a good time.
Drive safely and enjoy the trip..we will be waiting on ya!!!

Regards
ole Blake
Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 AM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

My trailer is loaded with planes, and I,m ready to head for Ga., Wow the show is 4 day,s away.... hope to be in Perry early Friday morning......
Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
ablaker2

Getting there early is probably a very good idea, the gate behind the McGill building will be where the trailer are checked in and I believe it will open at 9 am. and there has always been a line waiting to get in so the earlier the better. The line moves pretty fast but there are over 1200 tables so that is a lot of folks in line. See you there.
Regards
ole Blake
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
F.Ciccarello

Hi Blake, thanks for the information........see ya there. [8D]
Frank
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Durtbag

I live about an hour or so north of Perry, it will be my first visit. Should I take off work early Friday or make a day of it and go on Saturday? I'm not really looking for anything to buy in particular. Just recently got into RC airplanes with my bro-inlaw and found out about the Perry swap meet.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:06 AM
ablaker2

If it were me, I would take off Friday but I am always there so the choice is yours.. You might miss a few bargains if you skip Friday but there will be plenty to see on Saturday too. Depending on what time you get off from work,, the show is open till till 7 pm and if you are only a hour or so north you can make it to both days. Just come late on Friday. To those of us that attend regularly, we try to fast spot things we are looking for on Friday..sleep on it and then purchase on Saturday. If you are serious looker as I am..you can't see it all in two days let alone one. I look for the grab boxes that have an assortments of stuff in them sometimes for 25 cents or a dollar. I buy a stack of hardware that is usually extra on somebodies shelf. I teach kids to build and fly and sometimes they just don't have the money to buy all t he stuff they need so I supply what I can from the stuff I pick up at the show.
But if you wait to come on Saturday..be there when the gates open. The place will be a near ghost town by 3:30 pm

We'll be lookin' for ya.

Regards
ole Blake

Thanks for coming to support our show.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my wish list...

GP 38% Extra
50cc Yak or 260
GS Warbird, Texan, P51 or...
Maybe a GS twin...

JETS....
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
F.Ciccarello

I,am bringing a nice QQ Sominzini 50 cc Yak with a DA-50..HD hardware and nice servo's......come by and take a look..miller murphy howard bldg. tables W-77/78
Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Mark C
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

Here's my wish list...

GP 38% Extra
50cc Yak or 260
GS Warbird, Texan, P51 or...
Maybe a GS twin...

JETS....
I will also be looking for a 40% 260 airframe, I tried to get Tito to make the trip, but haven't heard from him in a few days. I'll be there both days, hope to see ya there.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Mark C

ORIGINAL: F.Ciccarello

I,am bringing a nice QQ Sominzini 50 cc Yak with a DA-50..HD hardware and nice servo's......come by and take a look..miller murphy howard bldg. tables W-77/78
Were you the one that had a 3W with the checkerboards on the wings for sale awhile back on RCU?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
jonkoppisch

I'll be looking for an airframe on the 50cc. I have a 53cc laying here looking for a home

Hi Mark! I think Tito would buy the whole place up!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Mark C

I'll be looking for an airframe on the 50cc. I have a 53cc laying here looking for a home

Hi Mark! I think Tito would buy the whole place up!!!!
I told him he would love it, and that it's the biggest swap meet ever. I just bought a 3-Blade Mejzlik 28.5 x 12 prop off him last week for my 46% Ultimate. Tito is a great guy, and a pleasure to trade with on airplane stuff.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
jonkoppisch

Are you guys going to the Lebanon flea market?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Mark C

Are you guys going to the Lebanon flea market?
I haven't heard about that one, wheres it located and what dates.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
jonkoppisch

I can't believe that you haven't been to the lebanon flea market!!! It gives perry a run for it's money and it's close to you! I used to go to it all of the time..

March 14th

http://www.cpaa.us/
Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Mark C

I can't believe that you haven't been to the lebanon flea market!!! It give perry a run for it's money and it's close to you! I used to go to it all of the time..

March 14th

Ohh, now I remember, the guys up here were talking about that this fall.. I am from KY and the wife is up here in Reading, PA working. I'm retired and we just came up here temporaily. She is a Travel Nurse (RN) and we just kinda go where the money is and go back to our house in KY during the summer months. So I joined the club up here at Hamburg, PA the Dark side boys. They have a really nice Jet meet every year.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Mark C

I can't believe that you haven't been to the lebanon flea market!!! It gives perry a run for it's money and it's close to you! I used to go to it all of the time..

March 14th

Have you been working on your Boomerang XL lately? I've got alot of work done on mine this winter, nothing else to do.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 AM
jonkoppisch

OK, I couldn't believe that you lived in PA and didn't know about Lebanon... I miss only driving 2 hours instead of the 6 hours now [:'(] Don't spend all of your $ at Perry, Lebanon is the weekend after... If you go to it too, you guys will be ODing on RC!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
jonkoppisch

Nope... I decided to build a little trailer for going to events. I have a huge 6x12 v nose but it still sucks a lot of gas and is a pain to haul around. I decided to build a small 42" square by 10' long trailer so I can haul a couple of jets, warbirds or a 40% to the field. I finished it the other day and road tested it yesterday. Couldn't even tell it was behind the car!!!! SWEET!!!!!

I figure if I need more than 2 planes at an event I'm in big trouble!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10927.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1149248  
Old 03-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Mark C

Nope... I decided to build a little trailer for going to events. I have a huge 6x12 v nose but it still sucks a lot of gas and is a pain to haul around. I decided to build a small 42" square by 10' long trailer so I can haul a couple of jets, warbirds or a 40% to the field. I finished it the other day and road tested it yesterday. Couldn't even tell it was behind the car!!!! SWEET!!!!!

I figure if I need more than 2 planes at an event I'm in big trouble!!!!
Yep I know the feeling, I had a 5 x 10 enclosed trailer, and with my two motorcycles and planes it just wasn't cutting it. So I bought a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer and it works perfect for me. I haul my golf cart in the front when we go to Joe Nall every year. And I have and rack built in the back from E-Track and haul my bigger 40% and bigger ones on the bottom and it will hold two 35% on the top rack. I'll have to check out the lebanon show.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
F.Ciccarello

Mark C, No I don't have a checker board covered wing plane for sale, nor have I listed one. regards Frank C...........see ya at Perry.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
ablaker2

To ALL you wonderful folks that made the trip to Perry Georgia to the 2009 SMS (Southeast Model Show)

Thanks for being there and making our show a huge success. As one of the Granddaddy s of this show, it made me proud to see yet another year of evolution. Not sure yet how big a crowd, we had but it was substantial. I am already counting down the days to the next show.

It was great to meet many of you this year that have corresponded with me by way of RC Universe and other emails

Thanks again from this ole man. I look forward to seeing you at the next show.

Regards

ole Blake