Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

Aerial Paintball Wargames, Connecticut, Pilots Needed>>>>>

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Aerial Paintball Wargames, Connecticut, Pilots Needed>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerial Paintball Wargames, Connecticut, Pilots Needed>>>>>

Go to http://www.swampflyers.org/events/2009_bom2.htm

Dear Pilots,

I would like to invite all interested Pilots and Paintballers to this years East Coast Swamp Flyers Extreme RC Combat Event, Sunday June 14th. North Haven CT. This is a one of a kind event that you do not want to miss. RC Pilots will team up (5+ pilots each team) and duel each other in the sky attempting to cut their opponents streamers. Pilots will also attempt to cut their opponents balloons that are suspended 15 feet in the air and positioned at each end of the field. The balloons represent each team's fleet of ships. But with each fleet comes a barrage of Anti-Aircraft Guns. So each team will also have their own team of 10 paintball gunners protecting their fleet.

The Event will consist of 8 rounds of combat, with each round lasting 10 minutes. We are allowing any type of airplane to participate: trainers, sport, scale, warbirds, combat, etc. (engine size must be .55 cu in or less) We are expanding the event this year and allowing members from any club to join in on the fun. Our goal is to have 20 or more pilots so each pilot will fly four rounds. And 40 or more paintball gunners so they as well will participate in four rounds each.

More information such as rules and regulations will be posted shortly.

Pilot Registration Directions:

All pilots fly in the event for free, and get a free lunch and awards for winners. To register for the event, go to www.swampflyers.org and click on "events". Then send an e-mail to Adam Martin, titled: (Extreme RC Combat Registration) at [email protected]. In the e-mail list Your Name, AMA#, Flying Club name, Frequency, type of planes, how many planes, and contact information. I will then respond back to you ASAP, and add your name to the pilots list.

Paintballer Registration Directions:

To register for the event, go to www.swampflyers.org and click on "events". Then send an e-mail to Adam Martin, titled: (Extreme RC Combat Registration) at [email protected]. The e-mail must include all 10 team members names. If for any reason you cannot build a team of 10 members, feel free to register a team of 5 members. I will then try to match you up with another team of 5. Please appoint a captain of the team and include his or her contact information (phone # and e-mail address). Once an e-mail has been sent, I will contact the captain by phone ASAP. All teams must make one payment of $250.00 - this just makes it easier for me to collect the money. Once a team has e-mailed me their members names, they will have 5 days from the time I contact them to make the payment. (I can meet at a central location to collect and discuss the event further). Unfortunately I cannot allow anymore than 5 days to make payment because of the immense interest in this event.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me an e-mail and I will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you, and I look forward to tearing up the skies with you this June.

Adam Martin
ECSF Secretary
www.swampflyers.org
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
RocketRob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Aerial Paintball Wargames, Connecticut, Pilots Needed>>>>>

What fun!