Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

South Kansas City Probro August 27-29, 2010

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

South Kansas City Probro August 27-29, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:22 PM
funflyr
My Feedback: (78)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Kansas City Probro August 27-29, 2010

Everyone is welcome to the one and only Kansas ProBro!!!!

If you have never been to a Probro you're missing out. Probro is short for Profile Brotherhood, we are a bunch of 3D loving guys & gals who enjoy flying profile aircraft.
You can google Probro to get to the site.

This is private airport. It's a huge field with both a North/South and East/West runway each runway is 2700' long. There's lots of room for camping and RV's. We have the field all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with lights for nightime foamy action on Friday and Saturday night.

There is a Mom & Pop Restaurant in Wellsville that is fantastic, not only super nice folks but very good cooks. They will be set up at the field for Friday night's Supper, and all day Saturday serving Breakfast, Lunch, and a catered BBQ Supper. Their prices are really fair. They will have food, drinks, snack's, etc. available at anytime so you can eat whenever you would like. I think this will work great because the food will be hot and everyone won't have to stop flying to eat lunch. The $20.00 pilot fee will include the Saturday BBQ Supper.

Lots of Prizes will be Raffled off.

Directions From KC:
South on I-35 to the Wellsville Exit (Highway 33, Exit #198) and then go left (south) on Highway 33 for .7 mile to Shawnee Rd. then turn right (west). Go 3.0 miles to Texas Rd. and turn right (North). Go 1 mile to Stafford and turn left (west). Field is .4 mile on the left. Look for the giant windsock. The driveway into the field is between the two ponds.

The fields address is:

4026 Stafford Road
Wellsville Kansas 66092

Coordinates = Lat: 38° 42' 25.032', Lng: 95° 08' 17.892'

Here's the local Motel Info: (Ottawa is just a few minutes away)

Days Inn Ottawa - www.daysinn.com
1641 South Main, Ottawa - (785) 242-4842

Comfort Inn - www.comfortinn.com
I-35 exit 183, 2335 Oak Street, Ottawa - (785) 242-9898

Econo Lodge-Ottawa - www.econolodge.com
2331 South Cedar, Ottawa - (785) 242-3400