Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

ASP 12 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ASP 12 conversion

I posted this on the glow site they have a thing going on magnum/asp (sanye makes them)
Ran the ASP12 with AJs head used Davis plane fuel why?? have a gallon and that extra bit of oil good on a new engine
zinger 9x5 about 10200,( my thing,= engine never saw glow), after 15 minutes or so nice prop bounce when flipped was an easy hand flip start 2 or 3

NOW ASP engines thru Just engines 2 year warranty, whats the warranty on Magnum?? could it be the ASP has more care taken ?? Is this a Sears thing good, better and our best
They even a have generic out no name on engine by Sanye , wonder why, maybe parts that do not make it for the brand, it sold by some mail order place, no warranty, no returns if not in orginal box untouched.

I know folks have asked Davis about heads for these MAGNUM/ASP and he is quite concerned about quality issues with Chinese engines hence reluctant to make heads for them, it could reflect
on his product (heads) does not want to hear "your head ruined my engine"
ASP has a good track record, how about Magnum? martin
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Patxipt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASP 12 conversion

In short, there is a European Comunity directive that forces all goods sold to have a 2 years warranty.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patxipt...very good protection for the consumer too bad, we do not have in the USA. There are a few here that have good warranty, Saito comes to mind in the engine thing theirs is 3 years, thx for the info never knew that

There appears to be one exception I found, in the factory sheet with PAW they state 2 months. I guess if you get thru the learning curve on these if you do not break it in 2 months and stick to the procedure it lasts for years, some of mine, 10 years old and no issues. I think most engines if of good quality, run with the right fuel, proper amount of oil ,not lean and hot
(in glow engines) they last. however some of the chinese engines do have quality control issues as we now from the posts, no point in re-hashing this one
Of course after a certain numbers of hours any engine full scale or model will require a rebuild, bearings, rings, piston, liners rods, this is not a defect just wear martin
Old 10-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Motorboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I has Magnum 25 XL converted as a diesel engine. Never had a issue with the engine. Now the engine are more than 8 year old and works very well as new. The Magnum 25 XL diesel are more powerful than glow plug Magnum 25 XL engine. My airplane Fantasy 2 (plane designed by Peter Miller) are mostly builded of plywood and a little balsa wood, The main wing are made of foam and 0.8 mm plywood, it weight more than normal airplane will be and the Magnum 25 XL Diesel engine pulled the airplane very well up in air.[8D]

The Davis diesel development will not build the cylinder head for chinese engines are a bad business..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18332.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1511973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22798.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1511974