Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
Reload this Page >

Davis Diesel Development Fuel differences

Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Davis Diesel Development Fuel differences

Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Davis Diesel Development Fuel differences

What is the main difference between the 1/2a fuel and the ABC engine fuel that Davis Diesel Development Produces?
I was mainly interested in the oil percentage in the fuel as I assumed that is probably the main differences in the fuel. No one needs to tell me the formula or special ingredients used in it.
Thanks
Earl
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Davis Diesel Development Fuel differences

I spoke to him a couple of times, nice guy, a real talker though. I was ordering 1/2a fuel and the regular fuel, he said basically it's the same. I got the impression it was just the packaging. Call him he LOVES to talk diesels and I think he's a straight shooter.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
gmedson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Earl & Rich - I most recntly talked with Bob a few weeks ago, when Tower was out of his diesel fuel. He told me that his 1/2A fuel has more oil and ether than the regular blend. Therefore, the former is also good to use for break in of bigger-than-1/2A, especially plain-bushing engines.

Oil is a blend of synthetic and castor. And both contain an ignition improver. Beyond this, Bob does not reveal.

BTW, he now uses only round quart cans with shallow funnel-shaped tops and screw lids. Handy for taking to the field. And you can make up a lid with 2 soldered brass tubes in it, one for squirt and one for vent. Between uses, connect tubes with plastic tubing so air can't enter. Keep in ice chest at field and fridge at home, and your diesel fuel will last for months and even years...

Regards. -Gary
Old 04-21-2011, 07:08 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info.
I was trying to decide how much oil I ought to add to the ABC mix fuel to use in those older engines I have.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXANCP&P=ML