Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

2nd FP 10 up and ok

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2nd FP 10 up and ok

Got the 2nd one up with Bobs head and the socket head 2.5mm screws to secure it I made have stated 3.5mm for the screws in error they are 2.,5x 8 mm
small issue the black plastic arm on the carb broke when I was putting one the EZ connector anyone have an other one?? martin

the carb is fine just need the black plastic arm , the engine is fine compression good went right off on a carb prime
Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2nd FP 10 up and ok

Are you sure the screws are 2.5mm Martin and not the Japanese 2.6mm-the latter are much harder to find, but not impossible.........

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Old 09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris too make sure the holes were deep enough ran a 2.5 mm tap thru, not really needed just a check the 2.5 x 8mm perfect fit and you can get them firmed down
nice and tight , both engines done the same. I just repaired the broken throttle arm by slipping a thin piece of aluminum tubing over the broken arm slipped in the broken part flattened with a plier use some ca glue to fill the gap and glue and it works the EZ connector was then put on, looks sleezy but it worked would like to get a new arm however martin

footnote I put the screws in the casting ( no head) and they went right to the bottom so length is right
Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good then, because 2.5mm fit in a 2.6 hole (obviously!)-but you run a high risk of stripping the thread when you tighten them because of the low thread engagement..............

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'