Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Diesel Noob with KMD Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:02 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Recycled Flyer
Would it be better to exit the pushrod from the inboard side of the wing in order to prevent oil ingress from the exhaust?
In practice I suspect that a small pushrod opening, gravity and the slipstream make it un-necessary.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:39 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a nice looking plane Steve. I would probably build the thicker winged version but for rugged, the thin winged version is probably better. Good luck with it.

George

Originally Posted by steve111
Just to give you an idea, this is the 'Ee-zee 1' I've built with my son. It's no oil painting, but I'd say it ticks the 'somewhat rugged' box. The tank is 1 1/3 oz, and the engine is mounted as far back as it can be - so I'd imagine that you could get your KMD in there ok.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM
DaveyMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - what a set of responses!

Steve: Very good suggestion on the Ee-zee1. What a nice-looking ship you and the son have made. I find the design oddities rather pleasing (the tiny vertical stab, the outboard bellcrank, and the bullet shaped fuselage). Thanks for the photo.

Ray: Very kind of you to scan the Ee-zee plans in PDF and make them available. Not sure what it means, but your braving the big smoke on our behalf perhaps speaks legends about your generosity! I'll send you a PM request.

George: Very good suggestion on the adjustable handle - will look up a design and put one together this winter. The Skyray 35 looks like it would make a majestic (and sweert-looking) flyer with my .15. Will keep it in the running once I take a peek at the Ee-zee plans. Failing that, I likely have another use for it (a .30 Saito glow four-stroke, but that's another story at another site). Thanks!

Dave Mo...