Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

P.A.W 35-DS running hard.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:17 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by steve111
Actually, on the 12x5 it seemed to go a bit hard (and/or hot) towards the end, and on all the props the revs were a little unsteady. I wonder if it could do with a bit more running-in, even though you mentioned it was run-in a while ago. Of course, it could just be down to the insecurity of the tank, and the mounting as a whole.
This is really the basis of my suggestion for a lighter propeller load. The 35-DS isn't exactly the best engine that PAW ever made. This was discussed on the Barton site quite a few years ago. A few examples went back to be "re-manufactured".
Old 07-20-2015, 09:28 PM
steve111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to run mine with a 12x6 or 11x7 - it was a bugger for vibration, but not prone to overheating/going hard.

Didn't PAW once try one with an18x6, just to see how long it would take to fail? ISTR it ran for many hours without harm, until they got bored with it and had to go home.

Still, I'm more fond of their smaller ones.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:34 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Mine used to run hot and tend to go over on a 12 x 6 prop when flying my Custom Cruiser. It was not exactly smooth either with that prop, or the 11 x 8 I used to use before the 12 x 6.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Ray. Will try a lower pitch prop. My .35 TBR will fly again as I am refurbishing my Cruiser.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:10 AM
nesan

Originally Posted by steve111
Actually, on the 12x5 it seemed to go a bit hard (and/or hot) towards the end, and on all the props the revs were a little unsteady. I wonder if it could do with a bit more running-in, even though you mentioned it was run-in a while ago. Of course, it could just be down to the insecurity of the tank, and the mounting as a whole.
you are right with 12 x 5 the engine run hot that was my fault. I run the fuel too lean needle quarter turn to half from close ! how you smell it? I thing I cut the end of the video !

Last edited by nesan; 07-21-2015 at 05:08 AM.