Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Everything Diesel
Reload this Page >

Davis Diesel Power Fuel - Plane Fuel Blend

Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Davis Diesel Power Fuel - Plane Fuel Blend

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Pkram10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Davis Diesel Power Fuel - Plane Fuel Blend

I have an old can of Davis Diesel Power Fuel. There are 3 blends indicated on the can: 1/2a, ABC Pre-Mix, and Plane Fuel; it is the "Plane Fuel" blend.
Can anyone tell me what this blend is for? What type of diesel engines can use it?

Peter
Old 08-08-2019, 07:12 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Plane fuel is intended for use in bushing bearing iron and steel model Diesel engines. Sorry, I don’t know actual oil percentage or composition.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:13 PM
sosam117

Originally Posted by Pkram10
I have an old can of Davis Diesel Power Fuel. There are 3 blends indicated on the can: 1/2a, ABC Pre-Mix, and Plane Fuel; it is the "Plane Fuel" blend.
Can anyone tell me what this blend is for? What type of diesel engines can use it?

Peter
Peter,
The 1/2A mix has more ether than the normal mix would have (over 30% ether). The ABC Pre-Mix is for those engines converted from glow to diesel. Those converted using the Davis Diesel Heads, or "IF" you have a Irvine "20" or Irvine "40". The last "Plane Fuel" blend is a mix that has about 25% or more caster oil for those engines that don't have ball bearings.
So, I have some small diesel engines (Mills, Elfin, PAW 55, MP Jet .04 and .06 (Mills looking "Replicas"). And I have a can of Davis Diesel Power fuel. On the can the red dot is on the 1/2A and Plane fuel. Which means I have a high ether and caster oil content in that can.

sosam117