Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Latest creation

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Latest creation

GoldBerg Tiger 60, Fox .74 conversion. In the midst of my new fence building project. MasterAirscrew 13x8 three blade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80374.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	145937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32024.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	145938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35997.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	145939  
Old 06-21-2004, 07:50 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Latest creation

Nice overkill on that Hobbsy ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. and I will be putting around in my big 8ft tele with a 61TT diesel
But my little 25-32 sonic with the irvine 36 conversion about done and cranks 10K with a 12x6 martin
Old 06-22-2004, 07:46 AM
docsteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobbsy....what a beautiful ship! Hope it flies as good as it looks.

DieselDan...where did you find the ARF Senior Telemaster? I've wanted one for a long time, but Hobby Lobby told me that they don't do it as an ARF. Did you have a profession builder put it together, or did you find one for sale in the private sector? Have you decided what you're going to power it with?

Ron
Old 06-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm hoping it will fly exactly like my friend Francis Person's does. I flew his a couple of Fridays ago and for a plane that moves along pretty quickly it's flight is very predictible and smooth, I was quite relaxed while flying it.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 PM
FrancisPerson

hobbsy,

Looks very good. Get it to a flying field soon!

Francis
Old 06-22-2004, 09:20 PM
AMB

Docsteam:I picked up the tele from a friend who got involved in a swap/buy and sell deal at a swap meet he ended up with the tele
also and he already had one, he is a very good friend ,got the plane with all servos, switch, and battery for $80 the mount is set up for a
61 and my tt61 conversion a drop in fit I pulled the 20oz tank since I could not fit a conversion gas/diesel stopper to it and put in a DuBro 16oz
with the right tubing and stopper and treated it to a new pair of shoes 4 1/2 skylite wheels to relace the 3inch on it
HObby Lobby did list a ready to cover one in a 1997 catalog do they still have???
Bob Davis wanted to know If I had a gun pointed at this chaps head when I did this ( Chris Miller knows I wanted one for years and was a"gift price" Its getting my new Polk Hobbies Seeker synth reciever no crystals martin
Old 06-23-2004, 07:35 AM
FrancisPerson

Martin,

A 16oz tank for a FOX .60 Diesel ??? I went flying last Tuesday at Konterra Model Airpark and like usual it was WINDY. Lots of high throttle flight. I still got 20 minutes per flight with about one ounce left in the 8 ounce tank. How long will a floaty Telemaster fly on 16 oz?

Francis
Old 06-27-2004, 10:42 PM
AMB

Hobbsy that is a neat carb conversion
I finally got the TT61 conversion in the big tele today 14x6 zinger awsome thrust I would guess beter than 10 Lbs holding the plane
then a runaway the piano wire came off the clevis (cold solder joint) remember I bought this used not a big deal, pulled off the fuel line
and stopped the eingine than re soldered the throttle connection. lucky this was a ground test. then off to the field with my new
skyraider I, irvine 40 diesel only running a 12x4 for shakedown flight flys great. the glow guys were having a problem 95 degrees
no cool plugs and too high a nitro content the raider was sagging a bit too so we landed I ran out while it sat there at an idle tweeked
compression screw went 1/4 on the needle and off again, quick pit stop the glow folks were impressed since they were having dead stick day Next one up later this week the skyraider II irvine 46 davis head and the big tele
martin. with this freaking hot weather 95-98 degrees I cut the davis ABC fuel 20% with JP4 jet fuel to lower the ether concentration the irvines
and the TT run fine on it martin
Strange I put in the percent sign and it comes up 96
Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin' sweet, Hobbs....[sm=thumbup.gif]....

....that one should last for awhile....

FBD.