Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

mvvs 40 consult team

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:51 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mvvs 40 consult team

OK guys and you folks down under here is my consult test team engine mvvs 40 12x6 zinger davis heads results on previous posts
and good also no security system requied at the property no dingos no Roos but we do have the wolves yes he need a good brush too get rid of the winter shed he just got it martin
No we are not in the Steve Irwin class martn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65484.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	275417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70508.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	275418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27633.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	275419  
Old 05-23-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: mvvs 40 consult team

I'm impressed, how's the injured hand coming along? Are you sure it wasn't a wolf bite? Just joking.................John
Old 05-23-2005, 09:47 PM
AMB

John no it was the engine ,finally at the band aid stage hopefully by this week end can tame (fly the beast that bit me) All that stuff
around the wolf is the winter shed
Changing the subject I was reading the spec sheet on the enya 25 diesel and they show and 11x6 and 12x6 as a normal prop
so far have some breakin runs on the 11x6 pretty strong 25. Also hope you guys can get a pre mix Ozzie traders?? Pretty sad
that you folks have been flying diesels for 50 years and have them in the closet and are running all over hells half acre to find the
ingredients also the enya sheet reads "if it slows down its overcompressed and can damage the engine" what a concept which we know
on the ivine 40 diesel sheet not a word about it, surprising , Davis of course has it in his directions. WOW now typing with both hands
martin
Old 05-24-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Martin, the Enya sounds like a great engine, my LHS had a 15 diesel (think it was a 15 ), but the price was a bit steep for me. I went back a week or so later, but it had been sold. There'll be more later I'm told. Anyway, I've got that Comet 15 diesel I put on here a couple of months back. I've been mixing my own fuel for quite a while now, so I probably wouldn't go back to the premixed anyway, just as long as I can keep my ether supply going. Also I know I'm using prime quality castor only, and kerosine not distillate, which seems to burn dirty and leaves black goo all over everything.
I've been doing a bit of diesel control line flying lately, (see the control line forum), and last weekend I had a good laugh at my friend Chris changing wet glow plugs and cursing that his battery was going flat. I went home and got my electric starter for him and a fresh torch battery for the glow plugs. He's got an old Taipan 2.5 (15) diesel I've been trying to get him to sell to me, but after seeing how quick and easy my diesel was, he may well decide to keep it....John
Old 05-24-2005, 05:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard thru a mate that Model Flight in South Australia recieved a big shipment from Enya yesterday. No idea if it contained any of the diesels. I've had a .15D on order for over a year. If that turns up, as well as a .25D I'll have to take out another mortgage
Old 05-24-2005, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

ModelFlight sure could do a lot to improve their website, their search feature is totally worthless, no matter what you search for it goes to Google and finds everything except what you're looking for.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
AMB

Got both the enya 15 and 25 from Enya UK via Just engines the 25 was 85 GBPs GASP UGH I think
a little better on price down there ,not their fault the UK has a very high import tariff on stuff from Japan Satio is out of sight there also

BUT both little jewels and will last the 25 is a twin needle carb. the US dist. cannot be bothered I tried martin
If you go back a couple on months on the site both Hobbsy and O have posts on them
Old 05-24-2005, 07:59 PM
AMB

finding enya on Mod flight Go to google pull up modelflight look at motor/accessories right side click, enya comes up you have to field down past c.l engine and there you are and much less than the UK prices my 25 was about $161 US only $139 or so at the Aussie site
martin
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 PM
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine was $152, total, Martin, I mounted the Enya .25D on my Sig LT 25 today, I rotated it to the right 45 degrees to improve the carb to tank relationship.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:03 PM
AMB

well not much price diffence now Hobbsy need pix pix pix lets see so far martin
now that most of the fingers work will see about getting the CX11D in the 400 electric tiger wiil just take a little beef up
Its a no go --AP hornet 09 is the one
can stack the AP thru the bottom also 5,5 oz vs 6,8 for the enya (mock up only at this point ) martin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43934.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	276161