Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

ENYA 41 4 STRK DIESEL NOW LISTED

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:24 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ENYA 41 4 STRK DIESEL NOW LISTED

OK guys just got home after 4 days and played "catch up" on my e mails etc , Then looked to see what is happening here and decided
to look at the Enya UK site THEY HAVE IT LISTED- AND COMING SOON NO PIX YET butttttttttt price shown is 319.99 GBPs so knock off 15% VAT then times 1.75 for US dollars conversion and its $475 save your dimes up , martin
Old 04-02-2006, 08:47 PM
SCORPIO_2727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENYA 41 4 STRK DIESEL NOW LISTED

Martin. Phew. Using the same principle, 277 English pounds converts, at todays exchange rate, to 672 Aussie dollars. Will have to give this a lot of serious thought. A bit on the steep side for me, when compared against, say an RCV 60 SP 4 stroke, which I can obtain in Australia for a little over 400 Aussie dollars. Glen
Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
AMB

Glen it appears to me they are yanking a few 41 4 strk glows off the regular line and re-working them I would guess in the same manner that Jens Erik and couple of others did to the OS40s and who knows how many 20? 50? this would certainly drive up the cost with the extra machining and a few custom parts too, Lavona cell??. and I bet OS is watching this one since they already have out or
thinking about some retro engines and it is double the cost of the 41 4 strk glow motor. "Diesel Addiction" however may prevail over common sense. I have 2 NIB Saito 72s that I had to buy for the big twin project that is yet to happen so I can sell one if the withdrawal
symptoms become severe or as you say down there before I have a wobbly.
the other "killer is" I have an OS46AX and diesel head on the way from Davis Diesel which I ordered up before I read about the 41 diesel release. the AX46 conversion is supposed to be awsome may out do the irvine 53 conversion martin
Old 04-03-2006, 02:00 AM
itsme

In case it makes you feel any better, UK VAT is actually 17.5%. So, using the current exchange rate, you will only have to pay US$470 - a whopping $5 less than you thought...
Old 04-03-2006, 05:58 AM
AMB

Torque Wrench (Too many Daves on the site). The Loss of Art is tragic never had any conversations with him but only heard great things
about him. On an other note "mental meltdown" is starting to occur on the Enya thing but maybe its a month out yet martin
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 AM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seriously doubt any manufacturer is considering a four stroke diesel as standand production. OS doesn't even have a two stroke diesel. They only made a handful of two stroke diesels. Enya is the only one who can get away with this. The Enya is a special order item, they make it only after your order is confirmed. If the distributor in the UK decided to order a few to stock because he thought he could sell a couple in a country where diesels are actually popular I'm not surprised. Regular production, hah!

Greg
Old 04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
AMB

My guess is 10 to be shipped to the UK maybe 2 or 3 to Modelflight down-under. World wide 12 engines is realistic at this point martin
Old 04-03-2006, 11:47 PM
AMB

OK guys Enya UK has just listed the 41 4 strk diesel as IN STOCK so much for special order again at aprice of 320GBPs the price aint so special martin
Old 04-04-2006, 01:36 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Can we have the Website link for that?
Old 04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
gkamysz

If the distributor special orders them and has them on the shelf, he can say they are in stock. The factory is certainly not stocking these with a 6-8 week lead time to fill the order.

Greg
Old 04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
AMB

Fiery Just go to Google put in Enya UK and it pops up or full site access http//www.swdistribution.co.enya.html. Google is quicker
oh oh oh are we about to sell the farm???/ They do not sell direct but list dealers in the UK i put in Carlisle and Just engines came up
I would guess modelflight down there will not be far behind surprised it did not show there first martin
Old 04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
AMB

Paul at Just Engines is contacting them the next day or two there may be a slight discount on them too we will see martin
Old 04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
AMB

The saga continues, I made a call to Enya UK today and their webmaster made a boo boo , he got confused with the Enya 41 4 strk glow and listed the diesel as in stock, it is not so
check the site in 4 weeks, Robin at Enya said she will E mail me when it hits the door.
martin
Old 04-06-2006, 06:55 PM
gkamysz

Hmmm.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
capin
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dan, for 475.00 you can get a pretty good size lathe and make all the heads you want ! Nothing beats hearing your work start and purrrrrrrrrrrrr ! I still love my four stroke diesel the most although its alot of work ! Brian
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say that for almost $500.00 no one needs that motor. It is mainly a curiosity and for the guy who collects or has to have one of everything. I'd pass on it as it has no real purpose to me.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:22 PM
AMB

Dennis I have to agree with you I am sure the average 25 or 29 2strk conversion has the same power output, then again some folks
will buy a Lambragini (if thats spelled right) sports car instead of a 300z Nissan> the other side of the coin is you would have it for a life
time. Blowing in excess of $7000 on a jet leaves a little food for thought. I am about there on engines with a dozen or so sitting on the shelf besides the ones in 15 planes so I do not expect to load up on a bunch more, so I must likely get one and thats it for a couple of years. I admit I have a thing for Ivine with 5 53 conversions and 7 irvine 40 diesels with either the factory or Davis heads and do not wish to part with any of them. Maybe I should have saved my money 3 of the Irvines would equal the Enya 41 diesel in $. I am not a golfer but these folks will drop a thou on a custom drive. choose your addiction martin

One more thought it you hang around bars and topless clubs what do you have the next day to show for it??
Old 04-08-2006, 07:14 PM
AMB

Flat out guess on compression adjustment--wonder if they will have a spiral cut in the compression screw and then run a geared shaft at 90 degrees to it you could then have the shaft come out towards the rear along the side of the valve cover this would be about a 45 degree
offset from center line of the engine twist the shaft and wella adjust the compression and not near the prop. sort a rack and pinon variant hmmmmmmmmmmm.............I also have a gut feeling OS will do it also martin
Old 04-09-2006, 09:30 AM
gkamysz

These engines do exist. They are special order. The only ones currently in existence seem to have been obtained through friends of friends of Enya. I personally handled one of these this weekend. Compression ratio is fixed. The glow plug looking thing is plugged, no filament. The engine is shipped as shown in the **** listings in the past few months. It's suspected that the pushrod covers simply won't fit between the head and case after the necessary changes to increase compression ratio. Front end of the engine is a custom piece for this engine. Original glow cranks were breaking. The carb seems to a be a standard two stroke type with a reduced throat.

Photo coming.

Martin, why do you think OS will get involved in this? Bevel gear to the compression adjustment? You want to add another hundred to the price? This is a novelty and will stay that way. Because there are a handful of collectors and hardcore diesel fliers talking about it doesn't make it a sound product idea. The fourstroke is cool, but it smells and is just as messy and any other diesel. The only market is ultra-hardcore diesel guys and collectors after you factor in the price.

Yeah, I know I have only handful of posts on RCU. I've worked in the hobby industry for 8 years.

Greg
Old 04-09-2006, 03:14 PM
AMB

Gykamyz;; this is beginning to sound like a real can of worms with fixed compression that really limits the engine for prop choices
and the valve covers do not fit??they will have to do better than that. really would like to see a pix of the "production engine"/Almost sounds like I could take my open rocker 4 strk 40 enya braze in the hole in the glow plug raise the ether content of the fuel and be back in the drone days (yes I had one) ran on ether and castor oil no kero martin
Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
gkamysz

Yes, it will limit prop choices. Mine will get a lanova. You can add head gaskets to get a range. Enya actually includes an extra head gasket with the glow versions to allow larger props, and is the only manufacturer to do so. I spoke with two individuals who own and intend to run them and will be in touch. I can only assume that the rocker cover is not installed with the assumption you will be changing gaskets.

I have to apologize for the photo as I can do much better than this normally.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55824.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	442084  
Old 04-10-2006, 02:24 AM
itsme

Hi,

Martin, I agree with you - they will have to do better than this if this is what it is going to be like. I would have no problem if it was a true open rocker engine, but seeing that it looks like a normal glow engine that has lost its rocker cover in a bad accident, it almost seems like a DIY conversion. And then you still have to fit your own lanova cell? Hmmm.

Regards
Warren
Old 04-10-2006, 07:31 AM
gkamysz

The rocker cover should fit there is no reason it won't. It's included in the box as are the pushrod tubes. I think the pushrod tubes could also be installed. My conversions have rocker covers and pushrod tubes. Please reread my post as I did not say the rocker cover won't fit. Pushrod tubes might not, but I think it could be done, and at this point nobody has actually tried installing the included tubes. If they are made for this engine they will fit. If they are from the glow engine they will be tight or might not fit.

There is a lot of speculation at this point. Everyone was excited at first and now its getting grief. Why?

Greg
Old 04-10-2006, 08:25 AM
AMB

Hope you are right on the valve covers , If a clearance problem with the rocker arms I find it hard to believe they would not cast a new cover at that price, and that sure as heck looks like an enya # 3 plug, it may be a blank (solid plug)
2 new push rods and tubes for same and a thinner gasket does not add up for the price. I could be wrong, but for that price hope they did more than that martin
Old 04-10-2006, 08:27 AM
AMB

Hope you are right on the valve covers , If a clearance problem with the rocker arms I find it hard to believe they would not cast a new cover at that price, and that sure as heck looks like an enya # 3 plug, it may be a blank (solid plug)
2 new push rods and tubes for same and a thinner gasket does not add up for the price. I could be wrong, but for that price hope they did more than that . If thats it you could buy the push rods tubes for them and head gasket and convert a 41 glow for a lot less, with the
sucessful conversions by some of the guys with OS and a lavona cell thats why I thought OS could do this too.Again I think they could
have done this a little better but time will tell hwo well it works martin

OK looks like the rocker arm cover is not an issue and tube for push rod could be cut down but if too long they should have new ones
that are the right size
This is sounding like the MVVS 61 diesel conversion (have one) comes with 2 heads, glow and diesel break in on glow. the put on the diesel head but that all that is required

At least we now have a pix thanks

there is one more point that Bob Davis of Davis Diesel did point out a 2 strk diesel has 3 moving parts only, a piston, rod and crankshaft and a power stoke for every rev of the crankshaft without the the other stuff turning or going up and down. This most certainly puts 4 stk diesel in the "collectors Class" ( which nothing wrong with) I like most of you have 4 stk glow engines but the
2 strk diesels are still the best example of the KISS principle crank and go martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.