Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed RC Raptor G2 Spins on Liftoff

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC Raptor G2 Spins on Liftoff

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 11:58 AM
Andy52733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC Raptor G2 Spins on Liftoff

I bought a used Raptor G2 and I'm having an issue where the helicopter goes into a fast uncommanded counterclockwise spin once the helicopter leaves the ground. I've been looking through forums and I am wondering if the gyro is to blame because many things I read say that the led on the gyro should remain solid after blinking fast to indicate data initialization is complete. The led on my gyro does not stay on solid - it blinks rapidly once it connects to the transmitter and then turns off. I also tried adjusting the gyro to make sure it is in Heading Hold mode using dip switch 12 on the back of the TX but the led on the gyro does not blink to give any indication that it is being adjusted.

I believe it is the gyro and not the tail servo because the servo responds to command input from the TX and the spin can be stopped by commanding almost full right rudder on the TX but once the throttle/rudder stick is returned to center, the heli begins spinning again. I also checked for slippage in the gear/belt as mentioned in other forums but there seems to be no slippage - when the tail rotor is held still, the main rotor will not turn.

What can I do to diagnose the issue? How can I fix this?
Old 08-23-2023, 12:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I can tell you your issue, the gyro is correcting backwards.

No idea how to reverse the gyro sensing on that model though.
Old 08-23-2023, 02:48 PM
Andy52733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I'll check into it
Old 08-23-2023, 04:12 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

With the radio on and the motor off, pick up the heli and turn it on the main shaft nose to the right, the tail blades should command left rudder. My guess is they will command more right.