Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Newer Facon 40

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
robotronski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newer Facon 40

Has anyone seen the newer version of the Falcon 40.

I saw it somewhere online but don't recall where.

It had a different (improved) rotor head and the canopy color scheme was now "Orange-ish" too.

Post a link if you get a minute.

ThanX,

Robo
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newer Facon 40

Well I don't think exceedrc has released a new falcon 40 yet. At least it's not on their website

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Has anyone seen the newer version of the Falcon 40.

I saw it somewhere online but don't recall where.

It had a different (improved) rotor head and the canopy color scheme was now "Orange-ish" too.

Post a link if you get a minute.

ThanX,

Robo
Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Bcolici

hi robo,i had posted it on the falcon 40 thread you started i believe you can find them [link]http://www.xheli.com/20wadr41rche.html[/link] and also at [link]http://www.bananahobby.com/1185.html[/link].good luck,anyone whos has this newer version please let us know how she performs,thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 AM
robotronski

Yeah, thanks for that, now I can get some sleep after all!!!!

I knew I saw that new style canopy somwhere.

Geez, I bought my 1st Falcon 40 from X-heli myself, I should have remembered that place...

Appreciate the info...

Robo
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
robotronski

Price seems to have gone up a bit too. [&o]
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Bcolici

no problem,i still have my falcon 40 as well fliies pretty good out of the box no mods done to it except upgraded to lipos the only problem i have is that i get a little wobble every once in a while when shes in a hover may be a slightly bent main rotor shaft,due to some early mild crashes, im waiting for some info on the newer style as i may want to upgrade to the newly designed rotorhead if its worth it.for the price increase i guess were paying for the improvements.happy flying
Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
BANONG

HI.... CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND OF LIPO ARE YOU USING FOR YOUR F-40 ? AND HOW YOU MOUNTED IT THANKS...........
Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think lipo can be used on the falcon 40 because it's esc doesn't have protection circuit for the lipo and it will run it all the way down on the battery and it will damage it. But for my falcon 40 i use 2s1p 7.4V 10c 800mah and I have a watt meter to kept the battery in check.

Thanks

ORIGINAL: BANONG

HI.... CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND OF LIPO ARE YOU USING FOR YOUR F-40 ? AND HOW YOU MOUNTED IT THANKS...........
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
jeremyswade

Hey does anyone know if anyone or a website that carries upgraded roter head? I've broke two of them easily and was wondering if anyone made any out of metal instead of plastic. Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
dooleyje

Hey guys. I found that the shake come from the blades not tight and straight out on head. On the larger helis you want you blabes to to be a little loose, that you can move them with your finger. NOT the F40. My son has one to mess with during lunch breaks at work. We also balanced the blades, paddles paddle, bar. The head runs smooth now. Just make sure the blades are 180 from each other. This is the first heli that I have ever had to run tight blades.
This heli will shake it self to death with loose blades. The reason is that the blades are tail heavy. The grip end is heavier than the tips. In the larger helis the blades have lead towards the tip and close to the leading edge. F40 blades just do not have the the mass to keep them spread out. Try this, Take each blade off and lay them across a round pencel or pen. Mark the blades where the blade balances on the pencel. Do the other blade. Put blades side by side and the markes should match. The blade with the mark closes to the blade tip has the heavier tip. Put tape layers on the blade that has the mark to closest to the grip or lighter tip at the tip till they both are the same. Remember we want to get the tip weights the same. This is called static balance. Now bolt both blades together with a bolt. Make sure you have some bolt stuck out both side of the so you can balance it between two cups/glass reams. The blades need to be tight on the bolt so will will need several nuts on both side to lock together.

Now with the blades are tetering between to glasses with the bolt resting on the classes and the blades in between. Balance the blades to each other over all weight. This time, on the light blade put the tape on exacly on the C/G line you marked using the pencel. When this is done you will have 2 blades that weigh the same and the C/G or static balance is the same. Do the tail blades the same. Make sure the paddles are level with each other and in line with the level of the swash plate and balanced also. Makes a very smooth flying heli.

Takes a lot of work but worth it

Pointy end forward!!

JIM
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM
badboy1

i have the "up graded" version its not better the only diferance is the rotor desine and servoes besides the canopy the falcon 40 can have meatal parts i found some at heli hobby .com the swash plate is good i dont know the price thou and a free weeling kit for 20$ so after you cut throt. the rotor will spin allowing a auto gyro efect also the tail moters go bad after about 20 -30 flihgts the regular falcon per forms the same it can take 10 volts without frying ( might want to add a heat sink if u do add 10 volts it gets warm )