Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Falcon 40 Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:15 PM
jake2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 40 Transmitter

I bought a falcon 40 that has a 4 channel transmitter. The left side throttle is down for up and how can i adjust the transmitter to throttle in upward position. There are eight switches on the back side of transmitter and 1 3 4 are on and 2 4 5 6 8 are in the off position. Would the receiver adjust automatic on the helicopter if i change one of the switches on the transmitter. I also bought a anti-crash kit that does not work right and i don't like the shipping fees so do ya know where i can get one or have a suggestion.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
dknovick

Default RE: Falcon 40 Transmitter

ORIGINAL: jake2112

I bought a falcon 40 that has a 4 channel transmitter. The left side throttle is down for up and how can i adjust the transmitter to throttle in upward position. There are eight switches on the back side of transmitter and 1 3 4 are on and 2 4 5 6 8 are in the off position. Would the receiver adjust automatic on the helicopter if i change one of the switches on the transmitter.
By that, do you mean that "off" is joystick up and full throttle is joystick down?

Based on the Walker #4 documentation DIP Switches:

1. Tail rotor
2. Flybar paddle
3. Elevator
4. Throttle
5-8. Not used

Factory Default:
1. ON
2. OFF
3. ON
4. ON
5-8. OFF

I imagine that it just switches the width of the pulse for that channel, so as far as the receiver is concerned, you shouldn't have to do anything.

ORIGINAL: jake2112
I also bought a anti-crash kit that does not work right and i don't like the shipping fees so do ya know where i can get one or have a suggestion.
Where did you get it?
What's not working?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 AM
RobBeach

I have seen two "crash" kits... one has little snap on plates for the skid bars..
The other uses small plastic straps or ties, and that is what I have.
So the snap on plates I don't know about... but if that is what you have go
to the hardware store and get a package of small plastic ties... using two each, on each of the
four corners of the skids, crossing over, has been pretty bomb proof for me.

You will also find that on very hard landing the ping pong ball will push through
the little plastic tube fasteners...
So when you go and fly carry some electrical tape in your pocket as a quick fix on the field.

What I also do... after you loose the plastic tube fasteners... is cut small squares of
bicycle inner tube squares, and push them on each side of the ping pong balls sort of
like bushings... and then use electrical tape on the outside.. you don't have to use much..
just flatten the tape out over the sticks as opposed to just wrapping a big wad of tape
around the sticks.
Maybe somebody has another trick...

Also... once you trashed up the "paper" blades that came with
the helicopter... if you rip them apart you will find inside two dowels similar
to the sticks on the crash kit.. that can be used as replacement "sticks" on the crash kit.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
BANDGEEK1

on the transmitter, what do the 2 switches on the top do? also, the small button to the left of the right switch?

|||>|||||||o<|||

this is kinda what it looks like.
|= controller body
>= left-hand switch
<= right-hand switch
o= button
Old 01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: BANDGEEK1

on the transmitter, what do the 2 switches on the top do? also, the small button to the left of the right switch?
They fill the holes in the transmitter (i.e. they do nothing). From what I understand, the same transmitter is used for 6-channel helis (where the switches do something). The Falcon 40 don't need 'em, so they aren't connected to anything inside.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
BANDGEEK1

what about the small button?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM
BANDGEEK1

how big of an area do i need to practice taking off. im a beginner ( i just got it a few days ago)
Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
dknovick

what about the small button?
same... (fill a hole)
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
dknovick

how big of an area do i need to practice taking off. im a beginner ( i just got it a few days ago)
Congrats!

12 inches x 12 inches... read Radd's School of Rotary Flight and you'll understand.
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

And let me direct you to the Falcon 40 thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4826535/tm.htm
Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
rh8807

Yes, I can confirm that the swicthes on the top do nothing, my throttle stick was jamming up so I had to take the controller apart. Not sure what it was, but there was a metal pin kicking around inside the tansmitter, doesnt appear to be required, thinking it may be a piece to the machine that makes the controllers..LOL anyway, took out the spare parts and controller works fine, did notice that there are in fact, NO WIRES connected to the top switches, they are indeed hole fillers..or spare parts for the real flight controller. LOL

Anyone know if u can adjust the gyro on the falcon? I tried turning the little screw on the 4 and 1 and I think that is preportion (although nothing is labeled), cause on the last flight, I had to give it full right trim and it still wants to go left. Heehee, now I gotta put that screw back where it was. LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Fretromper

I see some of you are curious as to whats in the transmitter and them "extra" switches. I also see your questions we're answered by the ever knowlegable Dave. Dave knows his poop rest assured! But I had my transmitter apart today to replace a bad throttle pot and thought I'd snap a few pic for ya'all cause hey.......who don't like pics! I heard Hugh Heffner say that once! LOL ~Peace~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66978.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1352005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13392.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1352006   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28376.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1352007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy72791.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1352008  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Fretromper

I see some of you are curious as to whats in the transmitter and them ''extra'' switches. I also see your questions we're answered by the ever knowlegable Dave. Dave knows his poop rest assured! But I had my transmitter apart today to replace a bad throttle pot and thought I'd snap a few pic for ya'all cause hey.......who don't like pics! I heard Hugh Heffner say that once! LOL ~Peace~

Looks like they cleaned it up a bit from mine!

-Dave
Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Fretromper

It was a mess!  LOL But a few whacks with the sledge and it's workin just fine now!   LOL  Amen!      OOOH......for the record.........got brave enough to take the training gear off with that 2600 and almost lost it in the trees!       COMON SPRING!   Fly happy and land skid side down!  lol ~Peace~