Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Eagle 50 tail motor replacement Notes and discussion.

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Eagle 50 tail motor replacement Notes and discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:20 AM
RobBeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 50 tail motor replacement Notes and discussion.

The Walkera 22E and the Venom Night Ranger have parts for the Eagle 50.
BUT...
beware.... the Eagle 50's I have (2 of them) have a different tail motor and gear
than the Walkera 22E and VNR's...

It might be part of the sighted "New Version" upgrades advertised in the Eagle 50's Version 2.

The tail motors are larger as is the gear on the tail motor.
I replaced with an Walker 22E tail motor and it's original gear...
while it is working I have noticed that I am not getting as much thrust
and having to compensate with more tail stick.
Which makes sense with the smaller gear.

I swapped back in the original gear (larger) to the replacement motor (Walkera 22E) this morning
but I haven't flown yet. I expect to see a difference.

Also you will notice... that with the Eagle 50's Version 2... the tail motor doesn't just slide out
through the hole (as does the Walkera 22E motor) because the gear is larger than the hole.
If the motor is dead you can probably cut the motor spindle or yank the gear off... being
careful not to damage the gear, because you will probably need to put it on a Walkera 22E
replacement motor.

I did receive this week a couple of new tail motors from another company that specifically
sells replacement parts for the Eagle 50 (my original supplier), and they are an exact match
of the original with the larger gear size. But you will either have to make the hole the
the gear passes through larger on the tail mount... or pull the gear off and put it on after
the tail motor is screwed in place.
There is a gear puller available from the Walkera company, and it works nicely and isn't too
expensive.
You will get better results searching for this model "E-flight Pinion Gear Puller" it is silver colored.