Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
 G2 rudder servo QUESTION >

G2 rudder servo QUESTION

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

G2 rudder servo QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 rudder servo QUESTION

I am having difficulty with determining if my rudder servo or my gyro is causing the following problems. First, the rudder servo never centers itself back to neutral position. The gyro led blinks sporadically when this occurs. The rudder will not spin when I try to rotate the bird to the right. I have the ESC set to very soft and have tried manually altering dip #12, (rudd mix off) V1 at zero, and V2 at 1:00 o'clock. The rudder locks when testing for broken shaft pin. What is the problem? New servo needed?
Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G2 rudder servo QUESTION

any reason you think why the rudder servo must return to the neutral position? to what did you base that on? HH gyro doesn't necessary return to neutral position.

make sure your gyro's left switch is set to nor and right is set rev.

once gyro initialized it should stay solid red and that means you're in HH mode.

I suggest you setup your rudder servo by passing the gyro. Connect rudder servo direct to ch 4 and move your servo in the boom so that your throw is even both ways.

Andy
Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Andy

I have read most of the posts here regarding the raptor spinning out of control. I am having the same problem. I have checked the gyro settings NOR/REV so I believe the servo is properly set up. The tail servo is centered and can move the tail blades pitch in both directions. I can also spin my main blades clockwise and see the rotor blades spinning in tandem.

The spin is not bad compared to what I had when the gyro was not set properly to REV. (very easy to mistakenly hit this switch adjusting the double sided velcro) . My heli is spinning to the point that any trim I apply does not fix or even slow the rotation. It does feels like a gyro issue but when I hold the heli up and twist is manually by hand it appears the gyro is responding correctly.

I have not done any changes to the radio and the servos. My problem first stemmed from out of the box beginner crashes and the gyro REV switch issue.

any troubleshooting tips to correct this spinning.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 AM

[&o]Sounds exactly like the problem I'm having.[&o]

I believe what happened is this.

There is a little metal pin that holds the small gear locked on the shaft for the tail rotor belt.

I believe this pin has been sheared off.

Looks like its going to be quite a hassel to replace it because its tucked away inside the main body.

The tail rotor spins, but does not spin fast enough to keep the bird from spinning.

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 AM

I have a zillion parts at this point. Could you help me identify this pin? I have replaced the main rotor gears in the main body already im not familiar with this pin.

thanks so much for the help

Chris
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM

the pin is actually part of part #50H08-26

the pin goes directly into the shaft of 50H08-26 and the gear that attaches to the belt sits right on it.

ANdy
ORIGINAL: crashcrashcrash

I have a zillion parts at this point. Could you help me identify this pin? I have replaced the main rotor gears in the main body already im not familiar with this pin.

thanks so much for the help

Chris
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM

I recently replaced this because the gear had some issues. I also replaced the main tail boom . How much tension should be on the belt when you tighten up the main body. Also regarding the tests when i turn the main blades clockwise the tail blades spin. If i hold the tail blades and try to turn the main blade I hear the notches in the belt click over the gear/rod. Maybe the belt needs more tension or ? ..
Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 PM

I loosened the screws around the tail boom and tightened the tension the belt has. This has stopped the clicking heard when holding the rotor blades and trying to move the main blades clockwise. The tension is good enough to hold it from skipping from notch to notch. In small little takeoff's here in the house it appears that was most certainly the problem.

Thanks for the replies

Until next crash // haha

Chris
Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM

you should push your belt and if the belt goes in more than 1/2 way it's too loose.

Andy