Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

RECEIVER QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 AM
cjennjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RECEIVER QUESTION

I have a Raptor G2 400 size helo and I'm in the process of upgrading my helo to brushless with lipo battery. My stock receiver trashed a while back, and i purchased an ExceedRC wk-701 PCM receiver (7 channel). Yet, it does not work with my tx. Why is that? Also, I heard the tx is PPM vice PCM. Is there any way to change to tx to pcm so my receiver can work?? Pls help!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
cjennjr

Default RE: RECEIVER QUESTION

Well, I just ordered another rx from ExceedRC ($52.00) and crystals. I'll post when I receive and install them. Can't wait to get my Raptor G2 back in the air!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that means you have the very first version of the exceed g2 and it come with an older model or receiver and radio. If you got a new receiver and it's wk 701 then you need the newer radio from us as well.

Andy
Old 10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
cjennjr

Thanks much, Andy! Guess what??? Just got the new receiver, and come to find out, I HAVE THE SAME RECEIVER THAT I JUST ORDERED!!! And now you're telling me that I have to order the new radio in order to make it work???? What a waste of money! Why didn't anyone post this?? Also, the pics of the receivers on sites where they sell them are NOT the same as the original product, which is misleading to say the least. If I had known, I would have spent the money on the radio instead of having TWO of the same receivers. Now I've got to go buy the radio.
I'm venting right now, and I have another week to wait on my radio now.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM
cjennjr

Oh, by the way, I hope the dealers have the newest transmitter and have discontinued the old one. Has ExceedRC restocked their distributors with the new tx???? I guess I'll have to wait a week to find out.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 PM
yadac123

the exceed g2 will have the newer radio from now on. Thanks let me know if you futher help.

Andy
ORIGINAL: cjennjr

Oh, by the way, I hope the dealers have the newest transmitter and have discontinued the old one. Has ExceedRC restocked their distributors with the new tx???? I guess I'll have to wait a week to find out.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
cjennjr

Thank you, Andy. If I have problems in setting up with brushless, I'll post.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
yadac123

Andy
Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
cjennjr

ANDY:

Just received my new xmitter. Hooked everything up, turned power on, hooked battery, and then - nothing. I'm definitely confused. With the brushless setup, do I have to add a separate line going from the battery to the receiver instead of through the ESC?? Is the ESC and motor hookup going to the throttle slot on the receiver? Also, the DIP switches are preset at the factory. Do I have to change any of them?? I need help!!!!!! BTW, the batter is not the problem - just fully charged it
Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
yadac123

YES the speed controllers goes to the trottle channel on the receiver. You don't need to put a separate battery pack into the battery slot of the receiver.

I suggest you remove the motor from the heli first and test it out just to be safe. see my other post.

2,4,6,7 ON rest are OFF

Andy
Old 12-15-2008, 05:29 AM
rlyhdz

im having the same problem w/ cjennjr, i got an older version G2 and having problem setting it up. followed the inst on the manual them turn on transmitter then hook up battery then it initialize start pushing left stik forward but it turns but if i increase thrott. more than halfway instead of going faster it slows down so tried to power down then tried again and wont respond . tried to disconnect battery and turn off trans. then start over but it keeps doing the same thing. really needed help just a newbi in heli .
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
yadac123

in that case something is wrong with the battery? have you tried to fully charge it?

Andy