Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Is Exceed still in business???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Justdubit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Exceed still in business???

The lack of communication makes me think they are not. I sent this email to them twice, as well as PMing Andy on here. Maybe y'all can give me some answers that are better than the lack luster ones that I recieved from NitroRCX. Thanks

Hello, I have been looking at your selection of 1/8 scale nitro cars and have a few questions to help me make a decision as to which vehicle to purchase. I am looking at either the MadFire or the MadWarrior. My first question is regarding the jump from "beginner" to "racing". What benefits do the racing versions hold over the beginner versions, aside from the size of the motor. Is that motor size very noticible? I'm also curious if wheel/tire combos and bodies are interchangeable. I like the stance and look of the MadFire wheel/tire combo, but I like the body on the MadWarrior. Can the more narrow wheels be mounted on the MadWarrior, and conversly, can the MadWarrior body be mounted on the MadFire chassis?

From what I can gather from the info posted on the website, the racing versions have more aluminum parts. What all is upgraded?

I'm just going to be using this for fun. I would like to get the most resilient vehicle possible to avoid down time.

Would there be a benefit with sticking to a 1/10scale?

Any and all info will be appreciated,

edit for the horrendous grammar at 6:30 am
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
rjsdad

Default RE: Is Exceed still in business???

I have a 1/10 scale...when asked about the upgrades for 1/10 (the aluminum control arms) the plastic was better for a beginner because in the event of a crash the plastic would absorb much of the energy with aluminum that energy could be transfered and affect other parts (like a chain reaction) The plastic would allow some flexability while the aluminum would not. Again this discussion was dealing with the 1/10 scale. I have seen my son hit the curb at an angle and thanks to the plastic parts the damage was minimal.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Justdubit

Default RE: Is Exceed still in business???

Thanks for the info! I have been under the assumption that the plastic bits will break and wear faster than aluminum parts, correct? I wont be doing much if any running around curbs. I'm expecting to be mainly running through fields and the like where impacts with immobile objects will be at a minimum.