Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Exceed Forza - no what you are getting into!

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed Forza - no what you are getting into!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exceed Forza - no what you are getting into!

Hey all,

A lot of you know I've been a supporter of the Exceed Forza. Mainly because it was our first nitro car, and when it is running, it ISa lot of fun to run.

However, this evening I was running it and turned into the tire of my wife's car going about only going 5-10MPH. Attached are pics of the results.Broken steering link and a bent dog bone. I doubt I can even getthe dog bone out without it breaking another part. To that end, thereplacement partsonly cost$6.50 (together- excluding shipping), but it's the mere fact how brittle this car is. I've done so much to this car, I assureyou it is as "tough" as itcan be. It's an inexpensive car, with inexpensive parts. You get what you pay for.

While it's a blast to run, it'sreally a poor-man's on-road car.If you do as much as jumpover a curb with this thing, you are bound to break something. I can run our Hyper 7 or Losi 810 through brick walls and barely get a scratch, so the difference in quality is astonishing!

I actually plan on contacting themanufacturer (someone highup in theircorporate office) to discuss my experience with this car.At a minimumI expect these parts to be comp'd (it's the principle) and if not I will make it a point to publicallyrebut their claims to be a quality brand (and that includes support).

Sorry for the rant - but I do not recommend this car to anyone, unless you want to spend a LOT oftime replacing parts....and let it be known I am the type who LOVESwrenching on thesecars, but this is getting too much.

I do love this car (because it's mine), anda while back came to the conclusionthis will be an "experimental" car for us....but when something breaks99% of the time on it, yourzeal to invest money - and more importantly- time begins to wane a little bit.

Whew! I feel better getting that off my chest. Thanks forletting me vent.;-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65892.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1748773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47660.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1748774  
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Johnson6102002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed Forza - no what you are getting into!

I did the same thing to a doggone on my exceede it was really easy to get it out and I put it in a bench vice and straitened it out it's been working fine for awhile now every once and awhile I have to do it again but it is deffinitly salvageable. Steering linkage on the other hand that's deffinitly done for. I've been trying to make parts from other brands fit on my exceede because it has been breaking way too easily I'm trying to put an jato rpm front bumper on mine right now.

And thank you for helping me find that exhaust manifold gasket fits perfectly

Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Exceed Forza - no what you are getting into!

One active thread about this will do please John. If you'd prefer I lock the other and reopen this one, just let me know. Unfortunately, we don't have thread merging tools like some other forums, so you must choose 1.