Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Glow Igniter

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Viper 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Igniter

Just bought a new rc 4x4 nitro infinity 1/10 and have a couple of problems encountered while doing my break-in. One is, upon starting using a glow igniter, engine is running smoothly but when I remove the glow igniter from it the engines stops. Second thing, I want to have an upgrade with an aluminum part for highly sensitive components, can you tell me where can I buy those upgrades.

thank you
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM
derrick05

Default RE: Glow Igniter

There is no upgrades available for these.I never could even find replacement parts.Those trusks are the biggest rip-off in RC.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Yea you can get the hop ups at allaboutfunhobbies.com They will be for the redcat volcano SV but they do fit.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
derrick05

Let me know how it goes.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: derrick05

There is no upgrades available for these.I never could even find replacement parts.Those trusks are the biggest rip-off in RC.

I think your confused with some thing else and bitter because you bought it from a seller that doesn't care about what happens after wards. Check out our website like Harry Ball said www.allaboutfunhobbies.com
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
derrick05

Im not confused about s--t.It doesnt matter who sells it,ITS STILL CRAP.Of corse youre going to defend it because youre trying to make money off this crap.You also know that if people knew the truth about it,youll be stuck with a bunch of junk that nobody will buy.People,just think about it,you get what you pay for and price alone should tell you what quality youre getting,but hey,I fell for it to cause it looked like a good deal,but like I said,YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You are kind of dumb and bitter. I don't defend it because I sell it homo, I defend it because there's nothing wrong with most of it, I will however be the first to admit that there are some problems that should be adressed on the older models, HOWEVER the newer models have been updated to include Steel Clutch Bells and better clutch springs and shoes, ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY. Go craw back into the crappy hole ya crawled out of, you stink and your making the place stink along with taking away every one elses FUN.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know AllAboutFunHobbies, I agreed with you up until this post. You're calling him dumb and a "homo" because he disagrees with you? That is VERY unprofessional and as such I would never buy anything from you. I also seriosly hope that the mods here don't stand for it.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
derrick05

Im not confused about nothing,and so you think Im bitter,well,its clear you dont get paid to think or you wouldnt be selling exceed,point being,no matter who sells it doesnt make the quality go up.I have my opinion from actual experience.Yours is from a salesman.Take it for what it is.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:04 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ROTFLMAO, I think I am paid to think since I own the store and have experianced every one of the available vehicles. So I can only say your speaking from inexperiance. I'm speaking from a nitro enthusiast point of view. I've had the pleasure to be able to experiance alot of different brands, I wouldn't be sellign the Redcats if I honestly thought they were junk. We've sold hundreds of them and haven't had one customer come back complaining like your doing for whatever reason you feel this urge to complain. I have however had ALOT of customers come back complaining about there Traxxas vehicles, there is one company that has the entire world convinced that they need a traxxas only to be stuck with the piece of crap that is constantlly having transmission problems, easy start problems and a host of other problems a mile long.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:24 PM
derrick05

Have it your way.You win.Whatever you say is the gospel.No one elses opinion or actual experience matters other than yours.The public will find out for themselves.I guess you are the ultimate athority in nitro rc(huh!)
Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

LOL, no but the Hispeed brand of cars has been around for over 2 years. So far I've only heard a few bitter people complain about them. Like I said we've sold hundreds of them, they sell better than the main stream brands and haven't had one complaint, so let the public be the judge, your one bitter guy out of thousands that are happy as a clam in mud.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
derrick05

Sure!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
StephenW

No offesnse derrick but these forums are for people who want help.. If you want to complain start your own thread. Some problems like this guys glow plug igniter not working are more important than saying it's a bad product.

Anyways you might want to try and set the idle lower as soon as it gets going or try slowly puttung on the gas right after the glow plug is out. Tell me if that helps.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
derrick05

More important to who?There it is people,bow down!StephenW,The RC GOD,has spoken.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
ToyDestroyer

Yet another hijacking from the infamous Derrick.

Viper did you try changing the glow plug. I am fairly new to rc cars but I would think that if Stephens suggestion does not work you may want to try another plug. Perhaps there is something wrong with your plug. Let us know how things are turning out.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Also, try leaning out the HSP needle a tiny bit it may be flooding and getting more fuel than it can handle. If the engine is brand new that is also common till it gets a tiny bit looser the first few starts, it has to over come the pinch at the top of the cylinder. One way to check your glow plug is to put it in the end of your glow ignitor and just look at *** and see if it's burning bright red, if it's not then look inside at the coil it will be an ashy white and the coil will possibly be broken, it it's not ashy white or the coiul isn't broken get ahold of another plug that is brand new and test it again and see what happens if it doesn't glow then you might have a glow ignitor problem. Also you should charge your glow ignitor for about 14 hours the very first time you open it to use it.