Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Tectonic review??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:03 PM
sjameson5547

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tectonic review??????

hey everyone just wondering if their is a good word for the Exceed tectonic?? it looks pretty sweet...i've had a redcat racing 1/10th truck and the thing was pretty much a piece of junk...had a CEN MG-16 and was a blast but spur gears kept snapping....i want something bigger, but reliable and not have something break when im just driving it around in the park!!!!!!

so if anyone knows anything about the tectonic - problems encountered while owning one...etc i would realllly appreciate it!!!!!

thanks everyone!!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 PM
jrock0012

Default RE: Tectonic review??????

Hey I've run through the breakin process with no problems what so ever, this thing started up with the first pull. I'm running 20% Odonnall racing fuel. The only problem that I've come across so far is when I really started getting into it one of my tires flew off due to a loose hex nut, now I've got to wait a week for some new one's. So i recommend going through all screws and nuts, but other then that this truck is a blast, It's my first nitro rc and Imo I think its a great buy. If you have anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them. I've got a couple pics of it in an earlier thred
Old 09-20-2008, 08:07 PM
KOCHEEZ

RELIABILITY IS NOT TOO BAD,ITS MORE OF AN ISSUE DEALING WITH EXCEED WHEN YOU NEED PARTS,THEYVE GOT SERIOUS ISSUES
Old 09-20-2008, 08:09 PM
amf66

Then get your parts from someone else who sells the same car, such as Redcat Racing.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
johnnyman88

truck is good. adding wheel extensions take out the weak hex nut they include and comes with a round allan wrench screw. servos must be changed because the steering is super weak. it can take some bashing, its more of a begginner play around truck good for fun and good for the money.