Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

exceed 1/8th scale madfire brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 AM
sbrond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed 1/8th scale madfire brushless

anyone have this? and how good it is!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: exceed 1/8th scale madfire brushless

It comes with a good esc.

I am kicking around the idea ofgetting one
Old 02-22-2010, 01:01 AM
mc4798

There is something that concerns me, This pic.

Maybe just a box stock setup that has the align wayout.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23719.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1384451  
Old 02-22-2010, 01:13 AM
sbrond

yeah thats nothing to worry about! well i have one comeing! i looked at this one and the redcat backdraft! this one looks way better and a few bucks more ... and does not have a 2.4 radio! but overall the car looks like alot better of a build!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:21 AM
mc4798

Great !! Hope to see a review from ya when you get it.

Iagree compared to the Redcat/BSD it does look like a better build. More aluminum and big bore shocks plus I have not heard of anything bad about the madfire nitro.

The buggy is built my Nanda. I have the madspeed car and have been very happy with it.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 AM
sbrond

Good deal i should have it buy wends/thurs along with the madbash! i will deff put up what i think of it!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 AM
mc4798

Cool, The madbash looks pretty nice also.

It needs tire/wheels from the sc8 in the worst way though.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:48 AM
bhcvc

Any update on your Madfire Brushless sbrond? I'm looking into this buggy also. I've read of good things with the Nanda nitro vehicles. The only thing that worries me is the motor mount. It uses purely pressure around the motor can to hold it in place. There can be a lot of force/torque generated, which I'm concerned will make the motor mount/heatsink eventually lose it's "grip" on the motor over time. I would prefer they used a mount that uses the front endbell screw holes.
Another issue with the mount is that it really limits you to the motor size you can run...there aren't many 36mm motors these days. But I'm more worried about the mount over time and it's ability to keep the motor in place over time.
I'm looking forward to your review. And when you get it, can you also comment as to why the rear end is so jacked up in the pics?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: bhcvc

Any update on your Madfire Brushless sbrond? I'm looking into this buggy also. I've read of good things with the Nanda nitro vehicles. The only thing that worries me is the motor mount. It uses purely pressure around the motor can to hold it in place. There can be a lot of force/torque generated, which I'm concerned will make the motor mount/heatsink eventually lose it's "grip" on the motor over time. I would prefer they used a mount that uses the front endbell screw holes.
Another issue with the mount is that it really limits you to the motor size you can run...there aren't many 36mm motors these days. But I'm more worried about the mount over time and it's ability to keep the motor in place over time.
I'm looking forward to your review. And when you get it, can you also comment as to why the rear end is so jacked up in the pics?
I can answer about the rearend all jacked up. It seems all the pictures of the mad series is like that.

If you notice they have the shocks screwed way down on the rear and I believe it is because the springs are the softest material i have ever seen. Friend of mine has a madstorm and it was the same way.

I am interested in the buggy as well. Hope to hear something soon.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
sbrond

Well i got the buggy about 2 days ago,So i will start with the likes. let me say when i pulled it out of the box i was impressed with the way it looked. All the parts are beefy. It is heavy but most 1/8th scales are. It comes with two 3300 25c Blue lipo's (which are great batters for the price, i have 6 of the $18 3200 20c's for my slash and get about 20 min run times with them. more than 50 charges on them and still take full charge) motor and esc are ezrun/xzrun and yes the ezrun programmer works with it. The all metal gears are a plus. Huge shocks. The body seems to be thicker than most. the wing also seems to be pretty strong!

Now for the not so good. I would deff go throught the car and check everything. The shocks are big but seemed to be leaking to the point there is almost no oil in them! make sure to check the mesh and tighten the sper gear. The 3 diffs have no oil in them at all. There was alot of slop in most of the parts ( giving it the once over help this some but you will need to shim some areas. The controller is very basic (did not use the stock one. Orderd the FS-GT3 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter) will give a review on this later. No charger, but not a big deal for me as i already have one!

Now for how it drives, Didnt get to do to much driving with it yet.. but from what i have it has gobs of power. It is abit loud due to the metal gears and no diff oils yet. steering seems to be good (if useing the stock radio the car has steering stop so that it does not over do the steering. Nice touch for a beginner.) I would say the car has about 15min of play time with the batterys that come with it.

Sometime this week i will be taking it to the local track which has some huge triples and some nice buggy killing jumps. This will be the real test. I have seen many high end buggys not make it off the track alive lol.

well thats about all i have for right now. As i get more i will post on it and let you all know. But i can say so far it is well worth the money.

Steve
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
777BOO YA

I've got the madfire .28 nitro and madfire brushless. The madbash is the same car with bigger front shocks and differant body. I've had the brushless for 2 weeks now with no problems. My buggy took a curb hit at full on speed NOTHING BROKE!!!!! Everthing was out of alingment but hey just fix it. These cars are cheeply prices but are very well bilt. A buddy of mine has a Hyper 9 and my car will run with him. Hey could have bought 2.5 of my cars for the same fun I have.The shocks are not up to speed though.Not sure why they are soft....to soft... Go to a much thicker oil.Great choice for me on a small budget and new baby but still can play with the big boyz..
Old 01-01-2024, 08:54 PM
Quentin S.

Smile It is right buddy

Originally Posted by mc4798
There is something that concerns me, This pic.

Maybe just a box stock setup that has the align wayout.
It has that alignment to steer better and it tracks strait too.