Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

nitrorcx and the exceed line

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
tolofrhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitrorcx and the exceed line

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for! I had a picture of the MB but couldn't find a picture of the MC. I like the look of the MadCode a lot better. Just didn't know what I would be paying extra for.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 AM
BanhBaoChien

I agree with what you're saying. It is absolutely true. I've had some difficuties getting helped w/ the electronics, and yea, I spent hours on the phone...just trying to get out of that busy line. As far as their customer service goes...it's good, but it's very very slow. I've had them replaced the defective items, maybe you could try that. I'm not sure about billings, though. But yeah, their customer service is bad b/c they're so limited...
Old 02-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Chriscraft

Hi Guys,
I have three Exceed RC products. A 1/16th scale buggy w/ .07 nitro, 1/10th scale short course Rally 8 w/ .18 nitro, and from XHeli a Madhawk 300 helli.
On the nitro ExceedRC products, I have been having good success with these vehicles that were purchased from NitroRCX.
I have checked Exceed and NitroRCX for parts from time-to-time and have found that the Redcat site and R U Faster site have had the parts I have wanted.
I have wanted up-grade parts like pipes, wheels, driveline parts, and so on. The Redcat site and the R U Faster site have the parts for most of the 1/10th scale stuff
and the 1/16th scale stuff. I look at the models they offer, then associate it with what I have. Names are different, but they are the same in some types of vehicles.
With the XHeli, It flew well right out of the box. No problems there.
Guys, I know that I check my stuff before I run it. I hope you do the same.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
SalemRich
Banned

Your experience was a lot better than mine. I bought two Exceed drift cars from Nitrorcx, one of which was DOA. As per their return directions, I called to get an RMA several times over a 5 day period. Each time I got a fast busy. I also emailed them every day and finally got through on the chat line. I did get the RMA sent back the car in as new condition, but they never issued a refund. I finally got the purchase price credited to my credit card account after an additional hassle. My suggestion to anyone who is buying from these rug merchants is to make sure you keep all of your documentation. Until I was able to show proof that the car was sent back and proof that it was received (all of which they denied) my credit card company would not issue the credit. T

o add a further note: I had also ordered a couple of helis from their sister company xheli.com during the same time frame. I was double billed and never received the merchandise. After going through a similar hassle I was informed by their Customer NO service that they weren't shipping to me because of the dispute with Nitrorcx.

Maybe it's just a totally isolated incident, but I have never had a problem with Tower Hobbies or Wowhobbies. It was the offer of free shipping that initially got my interest in doing business with nitrorxc and xheli, but experience has taught me that saving a few bucks is definately not worth the grief.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Mike SVOR
My Feedback: (1)

Here's my experience with nitrorcx and exceed products:

I bought a brushed RTR exceed dynamite rc truck from nitrorcx for my brothers kid as a Christmas present.
The day we took it out of the box, I did an overall check of components and charged the nimh batt
It ran fine for the first charge, but the next charge, reverse stopped working and it no longer had the brake function. I tried different channels on the receiver, and it turned out to be the esc went bad.
Emailed nitrorcx @ [email protected] where they quickly got back to me the same day said he would send me a new esc in the mail for free.
2 weeks later, I emailed them asking where the esc is because it hasn't arrived yet. Got an email saying it would be SHIPPED shortly. 3 weeks after my first email about a burnt out esc, the new esc arrives in the mail.
I hooked it up, charged the batt, drove the truck around for a full charge. Satisfied with it running again, I box it up and drive down to my brother's house and give it to his kid (again) saying its fixed.
I show him how to charge the batt, we charge it, install it and we watch it drive around the yard for a few minutes. I go in to get a drink, when my brother runs up to me and says "come see this thing, something’s wrong!"
I run out there, the truck is smoking!
Yank the body off, and the esc is a bubbling, smoking mass.
Then POOF! It starts on fire!
I rip the wires out and blow it out.
I've been emailing [email protected] for the past 3 days with no reply.

I said screw it, i'll just buy a brushless motor and 100amp esc from hobby****ty and be done with it.
Guess what, Nobody knows what pitch the gears are!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!
Not even the nitrorcx forum knows what pitch the gears are!!! NOBODY!!! Mis-information all over the net/web/toobz
Still no email from [email protected]

conclusion:
Its a decent entry level truck, but they skimped on the esc.
It doesn't pay to buy their brushless version either, cause its probably over amped also.
Its definitely a headache.
Could've saved time/money by buying a used truck from the classifieds here.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM
SalemRich
Banned

Mike - The customer NO Service and defective product replacement at Nitro RCX and Xheli seem to be a real crap shoot. If you google "Nitrorcx.com sucks" the horror stories abound, but some people - a friend included -got a full replacement from Xheli.com (Nitro RCX's sister company) on a V400D01 helicopterso they do come through for their customers sometimes.

Thebest advice, based on somany negative experiences,may betospend a few extra dollarsfor S&H anddo business with someone else or take the risk based on their low prices and just consider it a gamble.The Exceed line which is priced amazinglylow, when compared to the top RC companies, may justifiy the risk. I just wish I knew whattheywere going in.It would have saved two months ofhassle.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 AM
yanich7

i haD MadGear BSD Racing SCT2 1/10 2WD Short Course Truck RTR RC (Green) IT WAS FUN AND THEN ONE DAY THE MOTOR REVS TO HIGH RPM AND THE TIRE DONE MOVE IT LASTED ME HALF A YEAR THE CHEAP CHAGER BROKE BUT THEN I CONTACTED THE COMPANY AND THE GAVE ME A WAY BETTER CHARGE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEMS BUT NOW MY RC IS A PARTS CAR!