RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-nitro-cars-472/)
-   -   Mad Beast truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exceed-rc-support-nitro-cars-472/8017318-mad-beast-truck.html)

cirec 10-04-2008 02:35 AM

Mad Beast truck

I see that Exceed made a new truck.How are they?Does it have better performance than the Tectonic?I like that it has a .28 engine instead of a .21 and a 270cc fuel tank.I never heard of an 1/8 scale rc with 270cc fuel tank.How's the new radio?I think Exceed really should start making RCs for racing next.

Evil Ernie 10-04-2008 03:12 AM

RE: Mad Beast truck

From the description, it reminds me of a small engined T-Maxx. Not too crazy about the tractor body tho.
Here's a link:
http://www.raidentech.com/1nirctrwremo.html

{GBI}Harryball 10-04-2008 07:37 AM

WOW, it looks like a savage and warhead evo combined. Looks interesting to say the least.

lawnsnorth 10-04-2008 11:19 AM

I just saw this truck yesterday and I love the looks of the truck. I am mostly a basher and I love the body. I think I might order one and see if it fits my LST2. My only problem with this truck is that I can get some better know brands for about the same price.

amf66 10-04-2008 12:35 PM

Heres a thread I found on the Mad Beast. From what they say it sounds like a pretty good truck! [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1669163/tm.htm[/link]

amf66 10-04-2008 12:49 PM

Looks like the RD Logics Wolverine!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r...1/DSC_3297.jpg
Heres a link to a review of the Wolverine/Mad Beast! [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=921[/link]

SAVAGEJIM 10-04-2008 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

WOW, it looks like a savage and warhead evo combined. Looks interesting to say the least.
Intersting, yes. But as for its looks, I do not dig it, it does not look as elegant as either the Savage of Warhead. To me, it looks pig ugly :(

/by interesting, I am really more curious than intersted. I am curious if this thing uses plastics and alum that are the same grade or better than what HPI uses on the Savage (afterall, it is a clone of the Savage, with minor cosmetic changes to prevent from stepping on copyright issues).

{GBI}Harryball 10-05-2008 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Intersting, yes. But as for its looks, I do not dig it, it does not look as elegant as either the Savage of Warhead. To me, it looks pig ugly :(

/by interesting, I am really more curious than intersted. I am curious if this thing uses plastics and alum that are the same grade or better than what HPI uses on the Savage (afterall, it is a clone of the Savage, with minor cosmetic changes to prevent from stepping on copyright issues).
Yea, like I said it looks like they slammed the savage and warhead together. I own both. You right about the pig look LOL. Im not sure about the plastics are up to par with HPI I would say no. To be honest for an extra 100 dollars you can get a savage. Well worth it IMO. One other thing that I question is, what does .28 level engine mean? What size is it?????????? It could be like the other HSP products ultra lights.

yadac123 10-06-2008 09:31 PM

the mad beast is .28 engine

Andy

SAVAGEJIM 10-09-2008 08:06 PM

I looked all ove the net for more info on the Mad Beast but I cant find anything except ads and website selling it.

What I am interested in finding out more about the parts and materials. If there are aftermarket support. If the engine uses SG shaft or the older shafts like HSP's VX engines (screw and nut). If this is an HSP RC, or made by another company. Or if Exceed actually makes this RC. What aftermarket parts will fit it. What parts from other cars/trucks can be interchanegd on it. Etc.

{GBI}Harryball 10-11-2008 10:33 AM

I looked all ove the net for more info on the Mad Beast but I cant find anything except ads and website selling it.

What I am interested in finding out more about the parts and materials. If there are aftermarket support. If the engine uses SG shaft or the older shafts like HSP's VX engines (screw and nut). If this is an HSP RC, or made by another company. Or if Exceed actually makes this RC. What aftermarket parts will fit it. What parts from other cars/trucks can be interchanegd on it. Etc.
I would also like to know the answeres to the questoins asked by jim. Andy if you could give us any insight that would be great.

Thanks

ace9213 10-12-2008 02:35 AM

mad beast? that car looks like a ****ing piece of ****

{GBI}Harryball 10-12-2008 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: ace9213

No worse than your motor mod.

Frozenshade 10-13-2008 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: ace9213

No worse than your motor mod.
lol

yadac123 10-13-2008 08:17 PM

The engine on the mad beast is SH .28 engine. This is not a HSP RC but an OEM of nanda. rdlogic has a car that's just like the madbeast.

Andy

I would also like to know the answeres to the questoins asked by jim. Andy if you could give us any insight that would be great.

Thanks

TC4JW 10-15-2008 11:09 AM

Yadac123,

Are there any enahncements on the Exceed Mad Beast that make it more durable then the RD Logics Wolverine (plastics or metal materials quality etc.)? Please advise.

yadac123 10-16-2008 09:20 PM

I don't think so but it's the same as RDlogics. I was told that the tramission is same as HPI.

Andy

ORIGINAL: TC4JW

Yadac123,

Are there any enahncements on the Exceed Mad Beast that make it more durable then the RD Logics Wolverine (plastics or metal materials quality etc.)? Please advise.

TC4JW 10-18-2008 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: yadac123

I don't think so but it's the same as RDlogics. I was told that the tramission is same as HPI.

Andy

Yadac123,

Yadac123,

How does the quality of the plastic materials used on the Mad Beast compare to those used on the HPI Savage?

yadac123 10-20-2008 07:35 PM

HPI uses better material because they are top brand so I don't think it's fair to compare since their price are different.

Andy

ORIGINAL: yadac123

Andy

Yadac123,

Yadac123,

How does the quality of the plastic materials used on the Mad Beast compare to those used on the HPI Savage?