Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

My DD on video finally.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

My DD on video finally.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:26 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DD on video finally.

Today I took some videos of my DD flying around. A buddy of mine has a digital video camera and let me borrow it.

I tried taking some videos of some other planes flying around and its harder than it looks. I flew my DD around some and let buddy of mine film as I flew. I putted around till he got it in view then nailed it. I found the best way to fly it was low as possible doing figure eights. Anything higher it is just a plane with blue sky, nothing to judge speed by. Flying low you can see the trees go by and see how fast it can change directions.

My first video was the best one. We got the whole flight from cranking plane to launch to land. Unfortunately when I went to film someone Else's plane I taped over it. So we had to make another video again. I did not have the normal plugs I use today was was using what I had or what others gave me to use. They would blow in one flight. We made a second video and you can see it launch and make 3 fast passes. After that the speeds starts going down and the plug finally blows out. It is not a very good video but can get an idea on what it looks like.

We are going to make some more videos tomorrow. Should be better since I got right plug now.

So now I have video my questions is does anyone know how to post it on here? It is not best video but I will have better ones tomorrow. Just curious how I get it to work on here so you can click and watch it.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think you can post it here man... it would take up way too much server space if they were to let people post video's and stuff...
You be surprised how big RCUniverse's server room already is right now... It must be huge to harbour those millions of posts and pictures...

Find someone with a website (or make one), and post it there... then post a link to it here...

I know what you mean by trying to get and keep it in the viewer...
I had my sister trying to film my Magnum 2 weeks ago... When I was just flying around like I'm used to there was no way she could keep up with it. Once she had found it she immediately lost it when I made the next turn...
So then I started flying very low and very consistent figure 8's, like you, and that made it possible for her to keep tracking the plane because she knew what was coming...

A second problem is that zooming in and out to keep the plane visible is very hard... By the time she had zoomed in I was already coming around and then the picture gets all blurry because she was too late with zooming back out again...
Old 08-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Paulus

I had best luck filming when I set the focus to infinity, zoom out and aim to the model. Trying to find the model in the viewfinder is useless when filming fast models.

The videos on my site are all filmed this way (including very fast F3D).

Greetings,

Paul
Old 08-03-2003, 05:01 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Well I am about to head to field again and get some more videos in. Thing looks awesome in video and I can actually appreciate it and watch it fly around. When flying it there is not much of a wow factor and its hard to tell if it is fast at all. You kind of get in a zone with it and don't see much around it like trees going by.

Hopefully I can get some better footage of it. And again I'm going to fly low with figure 8's and no zoom. After seeing the video it looks like a regular plane flying around in fast forward. Kind of the way like when you go back and fast forward to good part while watching a video you just took.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Stuntpiloot

You can upload it on your own website (I you have one) and then place the link her