Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Bought A Dust

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought A Dust

Now, I am fairly new to Extreme speed stuff. I have flown some before, but not at the speeds the owner flew. To just get used to this plane would an OS 40 of some sort be ok to just learn the plane. Then go with a Jett 50 someday ?? What are your thoughts. I know it will fly differently, but I just need stick time on a Delta wing job.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:55 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought A Dust

Make sure you get some good servos with some high torque. That way later when u have a hot engine in it you wont lay them down going WOT.

I had 2 standard servos in mine with a 46 FX and it did fine. I then changed from a sport engine to a much stronger one and it flattened those servos down and soon ruined them. It was stupid of me to even use those anyways. But lesson learned. I would go with something in the 100 oz of torque and u should be OK.

Also don't be afraid to use lots of expo. I am using like 90% on high and 65% on low.