Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Force One

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 10:36 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Force One

Anybody ever fly one of these older delta's?

My brother gave this to me yesterday, as he didn't want to screw with it. He picked it up at a R/C swapmeet for $25.

I put my DragonLady away and set this on the bench, and now I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to make flight worthy.

I gave my Enforcer to my Son-in-Law for a "welcome home" gift (he was in Kuwait for over a year), so thought I would put this smaller cousin of the Enforcer in the air.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Maybe I should just give it away to someone who has more time than I do.

Control surfaces need to be re-done, including doing away with the ni-rod set up. (servos should be in the back). One servo hole (elevator) has been cut, and 2 more are needed for the ailerons. The problem is, it's going to take some surgery to run the servo leads back to the "canopy" where the radio gear will be. The front nose wheel was also hooked up to the ailerons, which I guess is ok, but maybe a separate micro servo on the rudder channel would be better.

All fiberglassed, so it would also need a major sanding and new paint applied.

What'ja think guys?

Gary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47376.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	105180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18718.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	105181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61267.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	105182  
Old 02-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Bucshot
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Force One

One word of caution about riping out the ny-rod and installing the servos back at the control surfaces. That my give you better response, but it helps to have the servos in the front to balance out the weight of the engine in the back. If you add additional weight to the rear, you will need to mount pounds of counter weight in the nose.

I don't have experience with this particular aircraft, but I do with the Northstar. Both were designed by the same guy.

Good luck!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

I had one many moons ago, and relatively early in my ******** life. Mine was powered with a Magnum Pro 40 and was pretty quick. The roll speed was awesome and deadsticks were to be avoided. You DON'T want to move the servos back...there's enought weight back there with the engine.

I plan on scratch building another one day.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:59 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

I have a buddy that said he would take it, so I done gave it away! Bringing it to him this morning....but:

Do any of you have any idea of where the CG might be? I can see a couple of marks that are about 13 1/8" from the TE, could this be it? As I recall, the CG on the Enforcer was about 16" back, so this may be about right. If you could confirm, that would be great. (he doesn't have an internet connection, so I need to relay this info to him)

He's got a MDS 48 (UGH!) he may put in it, or a YS 45. Both should haul it around at a pretty good clip.

Thanks for your help guys!

Gary
Old 02-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

get him to email me, I still have the plans somewhere in the basement.

Regards,
Kelly ([email protected])