Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Reaming props

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reaming props

Does anyone have a good way to ream APC props for the larger cranks on Rossi's, I have a hand stepped reamer and it's really hard to do and keep the hole centered for correct balance. When you push hard enough for the ream to cut I think it's easy to make the hole off center. Thank's in advance.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:15 AM
ZERODOWN
My Feedback: (4)

Default Reaming props

Hey bud go to home depot and look at the drill bits there is a bit that looks like a christmas tree starts at 1/8 and drills up to 1/2 I think It's got the depth marks on it. I drill one side then the other. Just slap it in a drill and it drills a real nice hole. This bit is kinda of pricey like 42.00 I think but onced used it well worth it. I'll try to post a pic later.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Default Reaming props

Thanks I will check it out.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:24 PM
DLK

Default Reaming props

The tapered reamers (not stepped) work perfect. They self-center and I use them on APC props all the time. Most hobby shops have them and are used by car guys for enlarging holes in there plastic bodied cars. Just go slow and check the fit many times. I usually do it from the front of the prop and get a snug slip fit at the prop driver. Dave