Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Lift off XS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:21 AM
spichboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift off XS

Hello Folks,

I just bought a Lift off XS wing (speed electric glider). I will build a balsa fuselage to go with it and put a webra 32 GT with tuned pipe and APC 9x6 or 8x7. Has anyone tried something similar before? If yes, how were the results?

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Lift off XS

If I remember correctly there was a guy here from Norway (not sure) last year that chopped up the front end of his glider fuse and installed a similar engine.
And again, if I remember correctly the thing went it due to a fluttering tail...
But that shouldn't be a problem since you're building your own. Just make sure the wing is up to it too...

It should speed up quite nicely.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:57 PM
spichboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Rudeboy,

thanks for your reply. Would you worry about potential structural damage concerning the wing? My humble guess is that the plane will weigh about the same as the electric version. I also guess that a 200m dive with a folding prop and those heavy batteries pushing will make this thing faster than it will ever be with the engine I've chosen. Are there any opinions about that? I could cover the whole wing with thin fiberglass, but to be honest I'd love to spend the required time on other projects...

The structural strength is a major concern as the lift off project is only a trial for a K-rat wing (one piece, solid as a rock, same wingspan as the standard lift off). I'd like to put a Rossi Ducted Fan engine (DF 53, waiting in a box) on that one. Unless savvy people tell me not to. I am aware of the potential danger of unsafe airplanes and that's the true reason for my postings.

Hello to Belgium and to the rest of the world.
Chris
Old 05-18-2004, 06:48 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi

I put a webra 36 in a simprop selection.

It realy flew great!!

But I crashed it because my aileron servos malfunctioned. So I would sugest using some strong servos in the wings.......even on the tail [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35848.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	133576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29625.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	133577