Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Need plane advice

Old 06-26-2004, 05:56 PM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need plane advice

I have a Jett 50 looking for a home and would like the most speed possible, with some conditions. It has to be an ARF. No delta wings - the reason this is looking for a home is the Whiplash it was in crashed today. No V-tails - my radio will not do it and I do not want to buy another. Landing gear is a must - I want to be able to fly this without a helper. So this disqualifies things like Whiplash, DD, Viper, Predator, etc. I was thinking a fast warbird would be cool, but I am not sure how much speed I would get out of one. I was thinking of the Kangke F3D but am some what to put this strong of a 50 in a 30 size plane.

Please help...
Old 06-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Need plane advice

Shotgun Q-500... a composite ARF... with gear... and fast...

[link=http://www.pacifier.com/~dcady/]Darrol Cady[/link]
Old 06-27-2004, 08:07 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search here for "Rifle" by Angelrcdesign.....that's what I'm putting my Jett 50 in. You'll have to cover it, as it comes from him as a nicely built ARC. (or, maybe he'd do that too)

Gary
Old 06-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Patriot
Old 06-28-2004, 10:55 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

first... a question.....
your radio supported mixing for the Whiplash elevons, but does not support V-tail ?? What type of radio is it ?

Second..... skip the Kange F3D. Its fast and stuff..... but it was designed for a 30. There are much better flying 'fast' planes out there.

If you can find an older ARF Patriot, grab it. They exist.. I found one a few weeks ago

Other options....
Locate a 'retired' QM40 plane of some kind. There are usually a few out there, and often enough will cost less than a decent ARF. It would provide a great home for a SJ-50, and will be faster than anything else you might be able to find as an ARF.

If you want to go the Q-500 route........there are a few conventional tail Q-500s available. In addition, if you are not racing it, just install the V-tail as a regular elevator. Either 2 servos with a $3 y-harness, or one servo with a Y-pushrod. Your choice. Most of the V-tails today require just a tad of right rudder on take off. The new pacemaker Im working with basically needs no rudder correction. If you expect it to pull left a touch on take off, and plan for it, it is not an problem.

Bob
Old 06-28-2004, 11:03 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another option: Buy the Magnum w/o the motor. I think it's about $150 from Modelbau.

Lot'sa choices. eh?

Gary
Old 06-28-2004, 11:48 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

You said gear but you can launch the Magnum by your self with a little practice and it would be a good home for that 50 and would get you speed close to the DD.