Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Force 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Force 1

HI all

I just traded for a Force 1 delta wing plane. It is a pusher and has a 40 Super Tigre. The engine is in the middle of the plane, and It has a slit for the prop (APC 10x7.) I think the guy said it was a House of balsa kit. I flew it once and loved it. Has anyone flown one on these, and can give any advice on the do or do not of her. She wants to drop at low speed on her side. Example, comeing in for a landing. I will post a photo as soon as my brother returns my cam.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
robert92679

Default RE: Force 1

It's a Balsa USA kit. You may want to contact them regarding CG, throws, etc. If you verify all that, it may help solve some of the problems you are having. When dialed in, it's reported to be an excellent flyer.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Airgar has one with a GMS-47 that flies well- Not sure about the wing dropping... Have you laterally balanced it? And are the elevons traveling the same amount on both sides...

His is pink, please tell me yours is NOT
Old 01-10-2005, 12:33 PM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be nice James....

FB,

If you'd like a copy of the instructions, let me know....or if you have any questions. The Force 1 flies awesome, however, I had a fuel tank problem last time it went up. I have since fixed it, but with all the recent CA rain, I don't know when I'll get a chance to fly it again.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18291.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	213141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91905.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	213142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34769.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	213143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52459.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	213144  
Old 01-10-2005, 11:03 PM
freebird1

Thats the one AirGar. Super looking bird. I love mine and they are really awesome flyers. I would love to have the instructions. With the propper set up I may be able to make her fly even better. I have a problem with the tank as well. The guy I traded with installed the tank normally. The clunk and the force of the plane work backwards as far as I can tell. Question, how do you have your tank installed? Do you have the clunk in the front, middle, end of the tank, or do you have the tank backwards. I hope I will not have to turn the tank around. What do you think about a Rossi 45 with a APC 9x8. from what I can tell from 2 flights she runs around 100 MPH with the ST 40 , and will roll as fast as you can see. Lands great, just drops on her side a little. Razor-RCU, thanks for the advice. I have not yet laterally balanced it, but plain to as you have reminded me, but I did make sure that elevons are traveling the same amount. robert92679, your right, as soon as I read your post I remembered. Again, I would LOVE to have the instuctions AirGar.

Thanks a million
Freebird
Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Razor-RCU

Freebird, I really like the sound of the Rossi-45 on that airplane... The lateral balance thing was just a thought, the side exhaust muffler alone is enough to make lat. balance difficult, but you may be able to center it a bit---

When I saw Gary's fly I was impressed and while the GMS is actually a powerhouse, the Rossi-45--- well

Don't you guys just turn the tank around so the back of the tank is close to the engine and leave the clunk that direction? Gary knows anyway....

How about a Jett-50 on one? [X(]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 PM
freebird1

That is way to easy Razor just to turn the tank around., but that is the only way I see of doing it too. OK you have talked me into the Rossi.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 AM
AirGar

ORIGINAL: freebird1

Thats the one AirGar. Super looking bird. I love mine and they are really awesome flyers. I would love to have the instructions. With the propper set up I may be able to make her fly even better. I have a problem with the tank as well. The guy I traded with installed the tank normally. The clunk and the force of the plane work backwards as far as I can tell. Question, how do you have your tank installed? Do you have the clunk in the front, middle, end of the tank, or do you have the tank backwards. I hope I will not have to turn the tank around. What do you think about a Rossi 45 with a APC 9x8. from what I can tell from 2 flights she runs around 100 MPH with the ST 40 , and will roll as fast as you can see. Lands great, just drops on her side a little. Razor-RCU, thanks for the advice. I have not yet laterally balanced it, but plain to as you have reminded me, but I did make sure that elevons are traveling the same amount. robert92679, your right, as soon as I read your post I remembered. Again, I would LOVE to have the instuctions AirGar.

Thanks a million
Freebird
A Rossi 45 w/ APC 9x8 sounds good to me! [sm=thumbup.gif] The pic below shows how I installed the tank. Pardon the artistry....twas a quick job.

The manual is in a "book" format, so I'll have my Wife copy it tomorrow. (my copier is fed thru my fax) Send me your shipping info, and I'll get it to you in the next day or so.

Have fun with it...they really fly great!

Gary

Name:	Ec88927.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	213474  
Old 01-14-2005, 11:42 PM
freebird1

Ok

I have the Rossi 45 on its way, but was thinking about the prop. Could I turn the regular prop around, or should I get a pusher prop. I like the pylon ones and do not think that APC makes one for a pusher. I was also thinking about the muffler. With the way the flow of air goes, it is problem. I have a min tune pipe, Bisson pitts, and a long tune pipe. which way should I go.

Thanks
Freebird
Old 01-15-2005, 12:32 AM
AirGar

Stick with a "pusher" prop. You could also check APC's web site to see have they have the size/pitch you want to run. I'm running a 9x7 or 9x8. You're going to be in for a pleasant suprise when you install that Rossi. Start with the mini tune pipe, throw a 9x8 pusher on it...and haul *****! (break the motor in first)

Have you received the instruction manual yet?

Gary
Old 01-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Razor-RCU

I agree the Rossi is REAL happy swinging a 9x8 APC, I am sure you could use a 10x7 or 9x9 but the 9x8 just seems like the sweet-spot for the Italion Stallion! The mini-tuned pipe seems to be the best of both worlds, though I have not run the Pitts style muff. on one--

I thought you could just turn the whole tank around but I see gary's method is just moving the tank "innards" around- shorter fuel line route I guess-

Run 5%, and I like the OS-8

Burn and turn-
Old 01-15-2005, 11:50 AM
AirGar

James,

Have you tach'ed you Rossi with the 9x8?

The Force I is light (I need to weigh it), so the Rossi would make it ballistic. I can't even imagine if I would of put my SJ 50 on it. [X(]
Old 01-15-2005, 02:07 PM
freebird1

AirGar, I have a Rossi 45 on a Patriot 40. Mine turns over 16k with the APC 9x8 mini-tuned pipe. This is the reason I got the Rossi for the force 1. I will keep you posted on how the Rossi and the force 1 work together.

I got the book today AirGar. Looks great and will help alot. Sure was nice of you to do that. I owe you one.

Freebird
Old 01-15-2005, 02:39 PM
AirGar

You don't owe me a thing. Just post a couple pics for me!

Any of you try to run 15% in your Rossi's? Do they come with head shims?.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Razor-RCU

Mine was also near 16K on the APC 9x8, Powermaster-5%, OS-8 ... 70 deg. 1500 asl

Mine is almost brand new so not broken in yet-

I have it on a little engine stand on my dresser to look at- Its' a sickness!

Consequently the OS-50SX is almost identical on the 9x8 butusing 15% in her- My Webra-50GT has a slight edge on the Rossi (still not broken in remember--) and I am gonna test my OS-50FSR Heli right now, with a strap on Bisson muffler---
Old 01-15-2005, 03:26 PM
AirGar

Wow, good numbers. The Rossi and Webra I would think would be designed to take the R's, however, I think I'd be a little hesitant of turning up the OS to them numbers, with the hope of keeping the internal parts, inside. Of course, I'm thinking of a tuned 46 FX I had a while back that let go on me. Those new 50's sound impressive! [X(] You running stock exhaust? Is that on one of your (many, many) Pat's?

What about running 15% in the Rossi, have ya tried it?

Gary
Old 01-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Razor-RCU

Just came in (sorry for sidetracking this post a secon..)

OS-50FSR Heli version (circa 1970's)
Bisson STrap-on muffler for my G-90 :0
9x8 APC
15% Omega
Unknown old idle-bar plug
1,500 ASL
70 Deg.

Turned a very respectable 15.4K

I have never tried 15% in my Morris/Rossi's --- Maybe with a head shim it'd be okay- I run 5% in the Rossi, Webra, Irvine's, and my K&B-48 (not required)

The Rossi and a brand new Screamin'48 are on my dresser
the Webra is in my "Airgar" Patriot ARF, and the OS-50SX is in my other Patriot, I am running a Tower muffler on the SX and the prop. is the one you trimmed for me at El Mirage (for the Whip. remember?) it is about a 9.5x8 APC---

My shed was leaking everywhere so my airplanes are the shower (Most of 'em anyway)

Cheers!

Name:	Mk26083.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	215622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66524.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	215623  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:25 PM
freebird1

AirGar, I use 15% wildcat no shim, and so far so good . I love the Rossi engines. I have a Rossi 40 Q-500 on a Viper, 45 on a Patriot, and a 53 on a F-20 Tiger Shark. The 53 is a monster, but a little heavy. I use Thunderbolt (under $4)long idle-bar plugs. They seem to really like them, and I have not had a single one to go bad this past season.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

Do you think, guys, that an elevon setup could be better ? Servos installation would be easier...
What about rudder control ? Is it worth the extra work ?
I'm re-engineering mine at the moment, working on the plans ... Building will start soon ...
Old 01-16-2005, 12:39 PM
freebird1

I would say that the rudder will not be worth the work, but the other mods I do not know. Mine has the front wheel and Alerons together. I am going to install a servo just for the front wheel. Not had it long enough to find all of the needed mods. Keep us posted Strykaas.

Freebird
Old 01-16-2005, 10:33 PM
AirGar

I'm with Freebird, forget about a rudder mod.

Elevons? Why? This plane flies awesome just the way it was designed, I wouldn't change a thing. EXCEPT.... ( ) adding another servo for the ailerons (you can see this in one of my pics), and hooking up the nose wheel to your rudder channel . Done, go fly it...

Gary
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Freebird, forget about a rudder mod.
No need for a rudder to properly hold a knife edge ?

Hehe, be patient, and you will see what can be done with a Force one
Old 01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
AirGar

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

No need for a rudder to properly hold a knife edge ?

Hehe, be patient, and you will see what can be done with a Force one
That's what it's all about....freedom of choice! Good luck with your mod!

Gary
Old 01-17-2005, 08:27 PM
freebird1

AirGar, Here is my Forcer 1. I had it in my extra bedroom, very cold here. My brother finally brought my cam back. How do you have the front wheel as far as which servo. I would like to have 2 Al servos and one for the El, but just can not find what to do with the wheel.

Name:	Ge96678.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	216705  
Old 01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
freebird1

Here is a predator that had a very bad covering job on it, and was not very well built. I love to take a plane that was given up on and make it a real nice plane again. My friend that taught me to fly after seeing my Viper fly, stated "I have to get me one of those." I tried to get him to buy this one and re-do her. He stated it was a lost cause. I showed him the preadator after a little covering and mods and he deamded to have her. I hated to give her up, but he did teach me alot.[&o] She still lacks about 2 hours, but I will let him finish her.

Name:	Hf98224.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	216711  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.