Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Vmar F4 Phantom

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:57 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Vmar F4 Phantom

Got a call from a buddy last night, said he put the maiden on his F4, with a .91 Magnum (I believe) he said it flew great, landed slow, and was very happy..
Anyone else out there got one?
Old 03-22-2005, 02:40 PM
HaveBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vmar F4 Phantom

yeah , I got in early on mine, runs an St G90 , was going to run my mac's pipe on it , but the ST anit exactly an engine deserving a pipe, so runs the stock muffler, its a good flyer not super fast but does ok, looks good on a low level any way
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12006.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	247605  
Old 03-22-2005, 02:53 PM
JohnVH

Nice, he even flew it with the drop tanks on it.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:55 AM
HaveBlue

I didnt put the drop tanks on because they dont quite look right to me and being a bit of a boxy jet with the large ducts each side I figured it had to much drag as it was, I might add some later but I would rather make a set that look more realistic althought once in the air I suppose it doesnt really matter, did your friend go with the retract option on his? I was trying to keep mine as clean as possible and love the look of this thing in the air.. I'm really keen now on getting a turbine F4 with the the same scheme/livery as the navy version Vmar

also vmar is/has brought out a mig 21 that doesnt look to bad either wouldnt mind getting one but I dont think the agent here in Aus will bring them out as there was a big build up to Vmar releasing the f4 and the skyhawk , but I dont think they sold aswell as anticipated so I might have to look at buying one direct from Richmond rc.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
JohnVH

No, my buddies didnt have retracts, and I hear you about the tanks.. And yes, a turbine one would be cool, I had my hands all over a BVM F4 a couple weeks ago
Old 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
HaveBlue

the turbine is "dreamer" stuff for me... long way off..more like when I win a lottery, but I saw a video clip of three F4's(turbines) flying they looked awesome and seemed to have some speed to.. I envy you I only get to look at pictures of stuff like that!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:43 PM
JohnVH

Yeah, the F4's are out of my price range for sure, plus Im not so convinced they are that great flying anyway(the turbine ones).. better to watch someone else with one Ill stick with my F15