Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 Magnum 52 XLS problem >

Magnum 52 XLS problem

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Magnum 52 XLS problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnum 52 XLS problem

Does anyone have the phone number for magnum service center. I'm traveling and need to contact them. Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rubyred

Does anyone have the phone number for magnum service center. I'm traveling and need to contact them. Thanks

You will find it here: http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/
Old 05-10-2005, 08:35 PM
My Feedback: (54)

thanks AdrianM
Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 PM
My Feedback: (71)

Interesting story on Rossi engines, Bob. I guess this 'yong grasshoppa' need much to learn... I wouldn't have a clue like that other guy about O-ring leaks and the sort. I did not know exhaust air leak can impact idle and everything. I guess I'll have to try a Rossi one of these days. But before that, I still want to slap my Jettstream muffler on the Magnum 52XLS when I get the replacement motor to see what that screamer can do.[:-]
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll bet the Magnum .52 XLS would be a real screamer too, with that pipe.
I know they scream pretty good stock. Be sure to give the engine the
once over....tighten all the screws (carefully) and make sure the carb is
down tight.

FBD.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:40 AM
My Feedback: (71)

Well guys, I got my Magnum 52XLS back from Global Services. They took about 3 weeks to service this thing. They replaced the bearings and piston and sleeve unit. The motor was not packaged well, oil ended up soaking the instructions and service note. Someone broke the muffler pressure line nipple and did not even bother to replace it. Service note only stated replacement of bearings and piston. Did not even bother to explain to me why a brand new motor wore out bearings after a dozen flights. Can't say I'm happy about their service.[&o]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
My Feedback: (3)

I own 6 - 52 xls's. For the most part I like them. I do find that the bearings are unreliable. I have some that have worn out soon, and others that have lasted for around 1 year. I generally use 11 x 6 for speed & 12 x 5 for 3D. I think that they're pretty reliable and very powerful after you get them dialed in. I fly a lot. I send the engines back for warranty replacements. After the warranty is out I put some Boca bearings in and forget that problem. Over all I like them for the price & power. The true chromed liners are nice also. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Hey Bob, thanks for the tips on the Rossi exhaust. I purchased a new Rossi RAL 45 and it came with the black pipe that mounts via the nylon O-ring. We installed it on a Great Planes Revoler with the muffler unsupported. It did rest directly under the landing gear so I just was a Tie Wrap to keep it from moving. Just like you said, it leaked alot of exhaust from the O-ring. I couldnt get a steady needle setting either and with my experience should have instantly realized the leaking O-ring was most likely the problem but instead pulled the fuel lines and the tank looking for the problems there. Thanks for the advice, will order a couple new O-rings and secure the pipe more squarely.