Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

whiplash pipe mount

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

whiplash pipe mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 01:19 AM
roywiglesworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whiplash pipe mount

just finshing up my whiplash and ran into a problem normaly i would just glue a block of wood to the side of the fuse and run a tie strap thru the wood to hold the pipe still but i'm running a rear exhaust jet motor and the pipe is a good ways up from the surface anyone got an idea on making a standoff to accomondate this?
Old 10-12-2002, 02:23 AM
flyboy_1963

Default Pipe mounting

I'm placing my standoff in the receiver/battery area. I believe Dave Brown makes a tuned pipe mounting kit. I have one but the standoff is not tall enough. So I built up the lower area with a few lite ply squares. The squares with the DB standoff added up to the correct height. My next problem was the cover. I split it in two and Dremeled the area for the standoff. Each cover half (actually they are not in half, more like 65/35 %) has a half circle Dremeled out. This looks great! I haven't flow my Whiplash yet so don't know how things will hold up. But the construction looks sound.

I went with the Jett Fire 50. I can't wait to see this plane perform.

JJ
Old 10-12-2002, 05:43 AM
AtomicFrawg
My Feedback: (8)

Default whiplash pipe mount

We sell a pipe mount on our web site

Thank
chris