Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Another Diamond Dust flys

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Another Diamond Dust flys

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:33 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another Diamond Dust flys

Thanks to the help I got here I maidened my DD yesterday and flew it twice more today. That thing is a handful. I had a crowd today at the field and they were all impressed even though I had MA 10X6 on it....I broke my APC props landing yesterday. I have a couple of pics in my cell phone and will try to post them tomorrow.

I'm hooked...This plane is SO much faster then the Jerry Smith Outlaw I had I need to order a few more kits. I have a few engines that need homes.

I have Rossi 40 Q500 in this one, and have a Webra 36 looking for home. Speed planes and Pattern planes......what a combo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15254.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	319777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31728.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	319778  
Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Diamond Dust flys

Bu-Yah! I have flown a couple Whiplashes but the DD's are supposed to be a bit lighter... Congrats on the first few flights!

Keep us posted you hippee!

James
Old 09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
petec

I uploaded the pix.

I also took a close look at the covering and it is starting to come loose. I can either recover or buy some more and put this one up on the shop wall sans engine and radio. I need to get some more for my "spare" engines anyway.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hard to tell from the pics how bad it is, but you could degrease the seams thoroughly with acetone and then use good quality 1/2" clear tape to patch it up. Reshrink the covering after sealing the seams. Make sure it doesn't warp.
I used 3M clear tape on all the seams of my first Dust... it was impossible to remove without taking the covering with it, so it sticks really well on a truly clean surface. I started out with the leading edge just as a safety precaution, but also did the overlap in the middle and the radio hatch cover later on. Only one problem: the tape has to go down correctly first time around, because you cannot remove it for a second try... so be careful and work slowly.
It flies too good to be put up a shop wall as decoration... I'd try to save it...
Old 09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
petec

You're right about it flying too good to be a decoration. I'll try the packing tape method. That will also be good for scuff resistence since there isn't much grass on hte field I fly at. I already put a 1/16" ply plate on the belly.

I have to order some more APC props for sure....that MA that's on there just doesn't pull as fast as the APC.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8x8 APC?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
petec

It'll be a big prop order and I'll put a couple of those in there. You know I just have to tweak it, so I'll need a lot of props. I had an 8.75X7 on it and performed well.

Besides, I'll need props for my Jett 50, Webra 36 and GMS 47 so if any one has any other suggestions for prop sizes.....fire away.