Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 Pylon forum lurkers ? >

Pylon forum lurkers ?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)
View Poll Results: A poll
Nope, never go there.
12.12%
Once in a while I might pay a visit.
30.30%
All the time. These guys know the real poop.
42.42%
I ain't admittin' to nuthin'
15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Pylon forum lurkers ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 02:29 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pylon forum lurkers ?

OK, we were on a budget here is why I didn't show the finished kit price. Hey, when $$$ is tight ya gotta expect to do a little work, hehe. Yea, I'll take that bet as long as it works both ways, if it DOES break 200 mph in level flight, I get a new one of my own. This assumes a properly set up engine and airframe of course. Don't know what I'd do with it though, I'm not quite ready ( yet ) to tangle with something that extreme. My project for the coming year will be a Q40 version of the Vendetta with a Jett 50 for power. Gotta take this sort of thing in steps.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:06 PM

Hey guys how about this 1 then

I saw this 1 do 214 mph just before it went off to France to win the world champs.

Bruce De Chastel has the Evo for sale on his site for $ 650 US, & an MB Pfrofi is around the same money to power it.... Just needs the radio fitout then.

Tony.

www.bigbruceracing.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55557.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	353645  
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: crasharama

Hey guys how about this 1 then

I saw this 1 do 214 mph just before it went off to France to win the world champs.

Bruce De Chastel has the Evo for sale on his site for $ 650 US, & an MB Pfrofi is around the same money to power it.... Just needs the radio fitout then.

Tony.

www.bigbruceracing.com
No, it needs a prop... where are you going to get a prop? Do you think Chris or/and his father are just going to give you that prop? I don' think so...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Do you think Chris or/and his father are just going to give you that prop? I don' think so...
Maybe if he asks nice and says "please" a lot ? A fuel tank would be kinda nice to have too.[X(]
Old 11-13-2005, 09:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmenke

RUDEBOY:

Can I throw a few more musts into the equasion? Like it must land conventionally on wheels or skid without structural damage, and turn well enough to fly the pylon course, and maintain its speed over a 6 minute flite? If so, lets go for it. Give me the scoop of what to buy and build, I will get it done over this building winter and we will see early next year. Now do we agree, a $1500.00 limit, without any radio or servo gear, will suppyly same out of the parts bin as not part of the total cost! Have two or three sets of retracts laying around, will throw them in also. Have a friend in the Highway Patrol willing (I think) to radar the thing if he has his pants cleaned out yet. Last time he had to park the car at the end of the runway as I made low passes towrds him. Last one was 164.6 mph wing thing that came apart just over the car. Radar would not pick it up from the side for some reason. If I cant get to 200 mph, will meet you half way and you can have a shot at it. Think I can even scarf one of the new carbon fiber props only available to the" in" crowd. They are made down the road by a club member for APC. He also makes special props for NASA thay hope to use for the next Mars lander. Here is a guy that has access to all the goodies out there as a former HS operator. His jett is a thing of beauty, but is well over the $10,000 mark, yes and will do over 200 mph. His Miss Ashley, Herbrandson powered will also do over 200 mph, but also over the $10,000 mark. We are friends and work well togeather until "Race day". You gotta come some day. Imagine a cranky old USAF jett pilot and another old 101 Airborne NCO going at it tooth and tong. I am the just plane mean one, he is the tallanted one (cheeter). When not flying, we argue about who invented the first retracts etc., first, him in NY, me in Ca, in the early 70s. My original nickname was Rogerretract. Now its just Roger the Rat. Well, I digress here. Point is there is a little tallent to draw from here. Shall we do it bro? Oh, lets not do this in the open. I don't want to go out to the field and face the same thing we are buildilng! Get me at [email protected] " Rever # 119"
Why do you have throw "musts" into the equasion? I fly off grass... I do not need a landing gear... You want retracts... go for it...
Why must it be able to fly a "pylon" course? Anything will fly a pylon course, it just depends on what you define as a pylon course. I can fly a 200 yard radius circle around three poles... that qualifies as a pylon course since I did not make any cuts...
6 minutes... Where did that come from? A 200 mph plane that can't sustain 200 mph for 6 minutes doesn't qualify as a 200 mph plane?
You know a guy that is making props for a "Mars lander"...? I sure hope he doesn't intend to make a dayjob out of it, since Mars has virtually no atmosphere... You can move some of that atmosphere by means of a "prop", but it would take a real big one to move anything other than atmosphere.
Meeting half way will be a problem... we will end up some where in the Atlantic...
Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 AM

Hey Rude, Dave,

Yeah probably does need something for a bit of foward speed, & fuel & props would help....

I think Bruce is starting to make props for the Evo so it might be easier than you think, just not quite the same as the winning 1 I 'spose.

My brain was turned off after night shift, was still thinking in Learjet mode, not race planes [sm=drowning.gif]

Tony.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:12 PM

My brain was turned off after night shift,
Man, do I understand that one. Worked night shift for many years.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 AM
My Feedback: (1)

What is or who is "Dynamic Soarers"?

thx Jim
Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
My Feedback: (4)

hey guys I am just getting in the sport. I bought a 80.5 inch Sundowner. I plan on putting the Mark "Moki" 2.10 on it and I was just curious what prop do you guys rec. I still want to be able to do some basic arerobatics but want to be able to burn also. When I progress and get better I want to get into something faster. Drop the 411, Ronnie
Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ronnie, I really can't answer your question but I really gotta thank you for digging up this thread! I remember reading it a few years ago but forgot all about it.

Since the topic seemed to describe how Sport Speed guys and pylon guys could come togeather and not having a decent event to play in with each other I thought it would be apropriate to link this thread... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_68...tm.htm#7690739 where we did just that.
Sport guys, electrics, and yes the daddy of speed was a Q40 pylon job hitting 200.8 mph. Not too many rules just a good time going really fast with other guys who want to do the same.

Rich, where in NC are you? If your interested in speed planes and pylon racing there is an event coming up next week.