Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Delta wing aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Delta wing aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 PM
TomTreese
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delta wing aircraft

I have over 430 flights on a trainer, Kaos, P-51, PT-17 and Venus. I am interested in a Delta wing plane, either a Lanier Shrike 40 ARF or a Model Tech Delta Fighter 90 ARF? Would a Thunder Tiger GP-40 work in a Shrike?
What in your opinion????
Old 01-17-2006, 01:27 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Delta wing aircraft

Simple answer is yes... there are faster engines but yes the engine you have will work and as this is your first fast plane it'll be a good start.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

evan: The Delta Fighter has a thick wing and generally will not be as fast as a Shrike. You can put landing gear in a shrike, but it will slow it down by a bunch. You could start out with the landing gear until you got some trim flights in and then go to the hand launch approach. If your strip is asphalt or concrete, the bottom will take a beating on landings. The arf shrike from Tower may be the easy and best way to go. Have seen some neat pvc launch ramps for these things that take away the hazzards of hand launch. Something to think about. The TT pro 40 will plull this thing faster than you think!. ENJOY
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
TomTreese

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
patterndreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Not really a big speed plane guy, but a thought on the shrike when taking off would be a german style thing. It is an undercarriage that just falls off when the plane takes off.

Patternd