Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

New Megatech Mach Racer delta wing

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

New Megatech Mach Racer delta wing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Crash-D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Megatech Mach Racer delta wing

Plan to put expo thanks for the #!

Darion

Razor i dont have a 6volt battery pack to run standards on and the battery pack i have is small and light.
Plus it just adds to the saftey that some guys at the field cant argue with.
The guys at my field don't exactly like my fast planes. There ok with 40lb planes but not speed planes. I just dont get it.[&o]
Someday i'll convert some off them to speed.
Show them the light![sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

What adds to the safety?
Old 07-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Crash-D

Who knows?? More power for the control surface i guess. Digitals just seem safer in their eyes. And to a point in mine.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a word of caution .... 6.0V

Some of the Futaba digital servos are listed for 4.8V power only.
Now if you run a 6.0V battery and a 4.8 or 5.0 V regulator.

On 6V you have more torque and with digital you have more holding torque. Thats what you want when pulling out of a high speed dive.

On my Whiplashes I have run JR DS-8417 high speed metal gear, and Hitec HS-5645MG.

both were on 4.8 V. I had to tuck a square battery pack between the elevon servos for balance.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Razor-RCU

If you wanna put $50 + servos in your $79 plane go ahead but I am not sure it is necessary--- I also run Hitec-5645's only on 6V in my Whip, but only because the elevons are SOO HARD to move due to the skin.

My pet-peeve in RCU is the servo recommendations--- everyone and their mother recommends digital, high torque, super fancy, anodized, etc. servos for almost every airplane imaginable.

Most pilots and most airplanes do not need the overkill of these servos- I agree that you should get the best servos you can afford, but on a $79 airplane?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

James....I'll be using 3004's in mine.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Crash-D

Razor its just that i have 3151's lying around that i can use on this plane. It's not that im going to spend any money for "fancy" servos. Because your right why bother. I'm only bothering because i have them, sorry for the confusion. I'm just a kid and im low on cash. So i hate to spend extra money!

I just called hobby people and they said they just shipped my plane and it should be hear shortly, like a day or two. Now i just have to move some of these other planes out!

Darion
Old 07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Razor-RCU

darion- That is good news! You already have really goos servos for it then.... I see so many posts where a new pilot is getting recommendations on $100 digital servos for a 6 lb sport plane so... [X(]

Dave is using the VERY best, 3004 servos I see!

Let us know how it goes, not to many flight reports on this one yet.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Crash-D

Well sorry its been so long a wait. I got my plane about a week ago. It built very easily in one night. The balance point was right on, so no cg adjustment. It was very fast with just a thunder tiger 46 pro and it slowed down to float right in on landings. This plane is one of the best flying planes i've ever had. Unfortunately though on the second flight it crashed into a bean field at full power. I lost control of the plane, thought i had it but soon realized it wouldn't roll back and within seconds heard a very loud crack behind the trees in the bean field. Went to get it and an experienced helicopter/airplane guy told me to look at everything first and we both noticed the clevis had unhooked. Probably from the crash but it would explain the roll. Then again it could have been i just lost orientation of the plane and thought i put input in but i really think a clevis came unhooked. I hadn't put fuel tubing over the clevis yet because i thought i would have to do some mechanical adjustments and then became so exited to fly it again i forgot to put the tubing on.[&o]

I will definitely be ordering another one soon. This plane is definitely worth the little amount of money!

I've already stripped my plane and cleaned the dirt off but heres whats left of a great flying airplane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20039.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	492740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76300.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	492741  
Old 07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Crash-D

Inside of the broken wing.

Name:	Ol31446.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	492742  
Old 07-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

If you wanna put $50 + servos in your $79 plane go ahead but I am not sure it is necessary--- I also run Hitec-5645's only on 6V in my Whip, but only because the elevons are SOO HARD to move due to the skin.

My pet-peeve in RCU is the servo recommendations--- everyone and their mother recommends digital, high torque, super fancy, anodized, etc. servos for almost every airplane imaginable.

Most pilots and most airplanes do not need the overkill of these servos- I agree that you should get the best servos you can afford, but on a $79 airplane?

But If I put a 350.00 JETT and tuned pipe on a plane I will not use $10.00 servos!

I used JR DS-8411 about $100.00 4 of them on the elevons on my Kangaroo.
My buddy used Hitec HS-645MG $40.00 on his Rookie and had 4 lbs. more thrust.
I could not tell the difference in the flying 'cept he was faster! And all told servo/money wise he saved about 400.00 total, 2 rudders servos and speed brake

use the right servo for the application
Old 07-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Crash,

Sullivan makes 2mm clevices that fit ARF pushrods. These are the ones with the metal clips that keep them from opening in flight. Order from Tower. They are a very good invertment.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWL54&P=7]Sullivan Gold-N-Clevice 2mm[/link]

Name:	Ec87751.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	492872  
Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crash....sorry to hear about the early expiration date on the little Delta.
I have one too, I gotta get busy on it. I hope you have better luck on
the next one....good thing they are so cheap.

FBD.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 AM
cobratraxxas69
My Feedback: (31)

Crash-D,

I noticed in the post-mortem pictures that there doesn't seem to be any internal spars or ribs in the wings (like the Diamond Dust has). Is there anything inside of those wings?

Thanks,

cobra
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Crash-D

Yeah, it looks like their missing in the pic.

I looked closer and it did seem to have 2. One way up front and it is very small running a total of like 1ft across the front and another one that is a little thicker but still close to the front that runs about 2ft.

If you look close enough at the inside of the wing picture you can see this second spar sticking in between that block that looks like a servo mounting spot. (It's right below my a little ways thumb.)