Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

You just gotta get one of THESE!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

You just gotta get one of THESE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You just gotta get one of THESE!!!!

I have been walking around with my head lowered in disgust for the past several days after a club race and having several airplanes just to close for comfort. Soooo, back to looking for the ultimate power plant that is not a all out racing engine. I do have a Jett 50 which has been improved shortly after my purchase of the old model, also a Jett 90 also improved after my purchase of the old model, and a Jett 35 that is just GREAT, turns around 19K! While looking around in the Jett Engineering site for parts hopeing to convert one or more of my outdated engines to the LX, I recall Bob B talking a little about their new 60. I looked and was not impressed with what I saw. Then went to the BSE engines and in looking at the rpms, 18K jumped out. Its a 60 in a 40 frame and weighs the same as the 50. Makes the 50 look like puckey as to rpm and prop size. You best take a look at this monster discuised in a 40 frame, cause you are surly going to be going against one soon. Yea, saving my pennies again. Imagine this beast in the Matney Zoomer under construction!!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
HaveBlue

Default RE: You just gotta get one of THESE!!!!

thats the first thing I said when I saw the zoomer..imagine that with a 60lx in it...but I wouldnt bother with the wing . if I had to get the wing at 12% I'd cut it down to about 48" or make a wing with a naca9 airfoil and run that at 50" - 52"

..but in all honesty I'd lean towards a 60lx FIRE ( ideal for my whip),which again presents problems with the zoomer

cheers
Old 03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Yeah, that 60LX is a real animal Every time Dub runs one, he stands there in awe of it. Something the size of a .40 that turns a 10x6 at 18K rpm wasnt even a pipe dream 10 years ago.

And Roger.... the engine is even more happy turning around 19K

While I'm thinking of it.... just a public service announcement here.....

Jett will impliment a price increase next week. Material cost is absolutely nuts. I put a notice of it on the web site.

(yes, more tedious work for me changing all of the web pages again.... )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86334.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	436592  
Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now that my 60LX FIRE is here what to pud id on...

Whiplash?

Magnum ?

see what Matney has at the Toledo Show?

My girlfriends trainer ( replaces the SuperTigre .51)

F-20 Tigershark arf (Phoenix)
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
HaveBlue

I was going to say ..nah not the whip..(thats what I want mine for and no one's gonna be first!..j/king)
I definitely wouldn't waste it in an f20..to draggy a frame to seize the full potential of this power house, unless it was beefed up..my F20 Phoenix seemed a little fragile ..Now the juno F20 is a different story, retracts internal horn etc

but well looks like I wont be getting my 60lx anyhow...some sod stole my credit card details and has bought himself a reallly expensive gift..looks like I will probably have to sell most of what I got as it is ..so no 60lx for me[&o]

either way C4F all those you listed( trainer the exception) are very tempting except for one thing...how on earth could you possibly wait till Toledo before fitting that mad engine up... I would have to just fire that sucker up an listen to her scream!!!!!
anyway good luck with whatever you do..just post some pics or better, a video so at least I can get to hear a 60lx!!!

as for the trainer yeah dont forget to do the q500 wing to suit...I'd often wanted to put my jett 46 in my trainer and take it to club for a stir..imagine a little phoenix classic 40 trainer with a jett
Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 AM
crasharama

Hey Rojer,

That really sucks mate!!

I had a mate that had the same thing happen a week before going to the uk for 12 months. The person who did it worked at the embassy & got his details & was using other peoples cards to buy cargo containers full of shoes he was then off loading here. [sm=punching.gif]

My mate got his money back through insurance with the bank, on the day he got in the aircraft to go away, he was sweating as he might have got there without a cent to his name[:@]

Hope you get this sorted out quickly

Tony.....
Old 04-01-2006, 05:31 AM
HaveBlue

thanks Tony..I had just paid it out so I could buy the 60lx... must admit I have been waiting for it to happen, since being in this hobby I've started to buy overseas so you cant help but submit CC details, oh well thems the breaks...the biggest suck is I'll be down to only 3 planes...looks like the whip, the dust the su27, the f20 and maybe even the hornet will have to go..with their respective engines too

the bank said they will reimberse me but until that happens I got to make the payments

so now the zoomer/60lx is out of the question..for now ..
Old 04-01-2006, 05:43 AM
crasharama

Hopefully you get lucky & it only takes a couple of weeks to get sorted out.

Like I said before, it tooks about 3 weeks to get my mates sorted & the bank to re-inburse the money back into the account. Hopefully you then wont have to part with your gear.

I would really hate the thought of getting a collection of stuff I really had wanted together, only to have some b..tard fleece me of my hard earned. Really sorry to hear it

Tony.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

now that my 60LX FIRE is here what to pud id on...

Whiplash?

Magnum ?

see what Matney has at the Toledo Show?

My girlfriends trainer ( replaces the SuperTigre .51)

F-20 Tigershark arf (Phoenix)
Matney told me he will nto have a booth this year
Old 04-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That's bad...

I'm reluctant too to send my CC number over the net... I'm more comfortable just giving Dub (or who ever) a call and arrange things like that... much safer....!
But anyway, so far all of my internet CC dealings have turned out OK... so don't give up hope just yet. You may even be able to retrieve the money from your CC company... they are supposed to be insured against fraud.