Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

composite models gilette and nemesis

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

composite models gilette and nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default composite models gilette and nemesis

hi, i have just ordered a composite models gilette f5d pylon racer and was wondering if anyone has one of these. i know it's an old design, but i'm just getting into speed. this is my third year flying rc and at the end of last year i began flying a couple of 80 mph foamies and last week, i maidened my new lightning 36" wing by ritewing. i was really thrilled by this plane as i estimate it was doing 100+ at 60-70% throttle on a mega 16 15 3 with a 4.7x4.7 graupner pylon prop. now i am keen for speed, hence the gilette. i'm not going to build it until the winter, but i like to get stuff when i get the idea. i'm also going to get a top models stinger and a ritewing demon, which is good for 160 mph with a mega 16 25 3 and 6s pack, also for next year. the year after i want to get a couple of modern f5d racers, the nemesis and the sunracer and i'd also be interested in anyone who has these and your setups.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: composite models gilette and nemesis

Not many people in here fly F5D type planes but you can try two other places: in the electrics area of RC Universe or the High Perfromance threads here: [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9]High Performance[/link]
This is where most of the guys in the world discuss those airplanes.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
TheTick

Default RE: composite models gilette and nemesis

I've owned a few sunracers and tried a few different power systems. It's a fantastic plane, but flutters at 160mph. I recently built a nemesis and love it. fastest pass so far is 203mph out of a dive. I have video of both planes here http://thetick.rchomepage.com/

sunracer was powered by an aveox 27/26/1.5, tp 4200 3s2p, cc60, 4.75x4.75

nemesis - neu 1509/2.5D 5s2p tp 4200, cc80, 4.75x4.75