Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Kangke F3D info needed.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Kangke F3D info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke F3D info needed.

Finally getting around to a Kangke F3D I bought a while back. I don't have the instructions so I need a bit of info. Can someone tell me the cg and control throw recommendations? I could probably guess pretty close, but I'd rather have a bit more to work with.

Thanks.

Dave
Old 04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Kangke F3D info needed.

Dave:

Measured the marks on my wing for you, 2-1/2 to 2-3/4" from LE at fuse. Flys fine at this measurement. Start elevator and aileron 3/8 high, 1/4 low, 20% expo. Hope this is enough to get you going. Not a bad flying bird, a little hard to land well with the gear up front of the LE. Some guys move gear to the wing. Bro 119
Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My CG is at 2.5 and lands a bit hot and nearly run out of elevator. I plan to move CG backt. Power is OS .32SX MACS Muffler (the little black on often called a pipe). Flys fast , turns great, holds a knife edge.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed. Since the untimely demise of my Viper[:@] left me with a perfectly good TT 46 Pro I will use it in the F3D. Also, mine is missing the gear so I plan on making one up with a bit of offset to the rear. I plan on having the axles right at or just behind the LE.

Thanks again.

Dave
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 AM
racer2012

Where can you get the F3D .. ? I've tried to call the numbers on Kangke's site and emailed them and haven't recieved a response ... The Big Boys like Tower/Great Plains don't list it for some reason...
Sure would like to find another one
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 AM
buddude8
My Feedback: (10)

plane is out of production. that is why you cant find it
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am just about to load mine up and take it too the field right now. I only have a .25 FX in her but I have an ultrathrust pipe spinning an 8-6 prop. UP around 19,000 rpm. This is a great little combao but it would be faster with a .32.
Be careful of the tailwheel it is extremely flimsy and I just use a skid now. The stock landing gear is junk as well. It cannot handle the weight of the plane. It is tough to land but I was thinking of mixing faperon to get it a little dirty to slow down on final.
Great flying plane! I dare you to try a hard snap with it! It looks like it is going to come apart.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Why don't you consider a LR-1 they are basicly the same , I fly one with a Jett BSE35 and it hauls "ASS"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98798.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	782289  
Old 10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: scoeroo

Why don't you consider a LR-1 they are basicly the same , I fly one with a Jett BSE35 and it hauls "ASS"
So where can these LR 1's be had? Wildhare is not listing them anymore. That was the only source I knew of. I wish they would bring in the Miss Ashley. http://img.throttlestore.com/viewfile.aspx?mmfId=24853
I think they are too expensive to get over here.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
vertical grimmace

Uh..Oh...I just got a reply from Wildhare and they do not have any LR1. It did not sound like they were interested in getting anymore or the Miss Ashley. The demand will now go up!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
samtech

Try RC Country in Sacramento CA. They have 5 or 6 of them on the shelf. They don't have a sales type web page but I'm sure they would sell you one over the phone.(916) 731-5868
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
racer2012

I talked to RC Country .. They have several LR 1's .. but says he's not set up to ship them .. Wildhare says he may get some in around the end of the year ...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:27 PM
z06kal

I built an LR1 with an electric power system. The airframe is really draggy even with 1600 watts it barely went 130mph level. The wing was molded but it was an incredibly weak layup. I mean REALLY weak. One hard landing and the entire leading edge of the wing delaminated and split like a wish bone all the way down the wing. The rest of the plane was okay just the wing sucked really bad. Perhaps if you reglass and repaint the wing it would be okay. I did fly it at an incredibly heavy weight so I'm sure that made things worse as it would come in insanely hot however the way the wing would just come apart on inspection it was clear they were very light on the cloth and resin.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
samtech

If you really have to have one PM me and I'll help you out. The shipping is what it is. Besides, I was planning on going up there for some wood soon anyways.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

I have never seen a Kange F3d in person, but I thought it was more like the Ashley II than an LR-1. Has longer wing with less aspect ratio. LR-1 has a short wing compared to the F3D.

I am going to bring up the Ashley II thread again. I would love to import some of these to the states. Trouble is the shipping cost is outrageous and you have to buy them in lots of 4 to get decent pricing.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
samtech

I know a guy who has an ashley II. It's a cool little plane... But getting the guts stuffed into it looked like a major pain in the *****. All in all... I'd guess the ashley is faster around the corners. Major wall banger. Strait and level??? They're both really fast little planes. Let me know if you find a bunch of takers... If it's reasonable, I might throw in as well.