Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Plane for OS25 SF?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Plane for OS25 SF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:39 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane for OS25 SF?

I have an old OS25 SF that I want to stick into something relatively fast. A bunch of guys at the field are flying some of the GP 1/2A mustangs/corsairs and another guy just got one of the WildHare LR1. I'd like to stick with something with a landing gear, so the GP's are probably out. The LR1 has my attention, but at $160, it'a a little pricey. I think I'll wait and see how my friend's flys 1st. Another guy mentioned a Viper, but a 25 would be at the low end for an engine. What else is out there to turn-and-burn with?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Bucshot
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Plane for OS25 SF?

There was a guy at my club a few years ago that had a Sig Kobra with a .25 and a tuned pipe. I don't remember if he had gear on it or not since I watched him hand launch the plane. It just screamed! I think Sig rates the plane for a .19-35. It appeared that he built it lite and took advantage of a smaller, lighter and more powerful engine. It would take some careful consideration on what you put in the plane, but I think the extra work would pay off nicely. Besides, it isn't a bad looking airplane.!

Another thought would be a plane called "crazy thing" It is sold by a small company in Wisconsin called precision aero. I built one and started with a very old tired OS .25 FP. It was fun to fly but I made it much better by switching to a Fox .15. The crazy thing was my trainer for flying a Patriot powered by a YS.45. The only bad side to the crazy thing is you have to hand launch.

Hope this has been helpful!

Later....
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM
willflyforfood

You could always try something like the herr engineering 1/2 a planes, but you REALLY have to beef them up, they are made for small engines but it can be done, I had thier 1/2 A texan with an OPS .21 in it and it would scream, but like I said, you'll have to beef it up, A LOT! Something like the House of balsa planes could work too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16888.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	448060  
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could put it in a Sig Wonder.

http://webpages.charter.net/rcfu/Kit...SigWonder.html

FBD.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

I guess I should have mentioned I was most interested in an ARF, but the Wonder looks interesting. Just finishing up another DC F20 and I really didn't want to start building anyything else this summer, other then repairs
Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
johnfly

yeah .... i am in process of putting a os 25... new.... in a sig wonder... just as soon as i get done modifying the motor.... and getting her ready for the pipe.... I have the crank allmost done except the final balance.. and then it's the port timing... anyway here's a few pics of the crank...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59193.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	449392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12127.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	449393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70711.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	68.1 KB