Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

10 ccm Speed engine

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

10 ccm Speed engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:38 PM
f3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 ccm Speed engine

Hallo Mr. mroos,

it is always good to know to have true friends on your side.
Thank you for education - I shall need it.

Best regards Mr. f3d
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 PM
j0rrit

Looks very nice! Do you also have pics while building perhaps? Should be quite interesting.

Do you get enough intake air from that arrow shaped inlet up front?
Old 05-20-2006, 03:04 PM
mroos

Moin Michael

... nice phone conversation this evening. Sadly to here that we won't be able to fight for pole in Leipzig. I will report from Leipzig directly after my return. Bad weather forecast... that will get intresting *urgs* Or call me on mobile for a live report

Back to topic. I think you will reach a speed clearly beyond 400 km/h only with the 15ccm engines, not with the 10ccm. But you will get very close. FAI Records in control line with this engine is indeed very close! Currently it looks like that i will have a 13,74 ccm engine for the speedcup. But's all top secret

@ Highplains

Blaukraut is typcially called Rotkraut in my region. But beer only
Old 05-20-2006, 05:45 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't want to hi-jack your thread. I visited the area of Munich, Regensburg, and Wurzberg on a couple of trips. Great beer, and many interesting sights to see. Even found a model flying field thanks to signs posted 20 KM away from the field. What's the word? Modelflug with something added to indicate field. Someone with a sense of humor told me my hotel would be easy to find - "just look for a building with a red tile roof". Blau means blue? I remember it from eating at the English Garden in Munich.

What are you running for quickie airframes and engines over there? Unfortunately, racing is the dominate interest here, so no speed trials in the states. About half of what is posted on this thread barely exceeds speeds above what the AMA limits night flying of RC airplanes to (night flying = low performance).

I remember reading about Germany speed trials as far back as the late 1960's, when Maynard Hill set the world record at only 140 mph. As far as the current record, there has always been a lot of doubt since it was set so long ago with vastly inferior technology. I would hope that your 10 CC engine/plane combination will prove out so you can attempt to set a new record that meets the FAI requirements.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:48 AM
f3d

Hallo speed freaks,

here some pictures of the ready to fly 10ccm Nelson speed engine and the special speed planefor this engine.
The prop on the engine is a 7x12,5 and the engine turned the prop with 21 000 U/min on the ground. The engines starts easy and has a gentle handling. Very good engine. In my opinion the best money can buy.
The weight is 2300 gramm + fuel 240 ccm.

I have made two identical modells in the 10 ccm class for the German speed cup.
First flights show more than 200 mph on the radar gun.

Best regards Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38147.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	513448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80291.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	513449   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26654.jpg
Views:	7