Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

The Long EZ is fast!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

The Long EZ is fast!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Long EZ is fast!

I just thought I would post this. I had no idea it would be so mysteriously fast! The AK-Models.com one is cheap and with a 46AX, it will outrun the normal everyday Predator/500 plane. I have not read many things on this. I figured you speed freaks would have this doing 150mph by now!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:05 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: The Long EZ is fast!

Lear, have you had an opportunity to expericene one ? I thought Alex just got those in a few weeks ago ? I have not seen one first hand.

Probably is quick - but its a big plane, with fixed trike gear. And as a pusher, not very many decent props available for it (10x6P). I'd not have figured it to be running anywhere near Q-500 speeds.

If you have seen one, did it have a retractable nose gear? That was not clear in the ads.

Bob
Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 AM
lear31A

I have one. I put an 11/6 apc and let me tell you, it is fast. It is fairly small and flies like a jet in a sense of being pushed around. I have had it for a couple of weeks. I have had a couple of Q500 planes and they would not touch it. Nice airplane

Edit: It has fixed gear, no retracts
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
HaveBlue

I have looked at that plane many times on alex's website..always thought that looked like a fast aircraft...you just confirmed that..
Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

sweet.

Sounds like something for the wish list.

How was the assembly?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, another plane to add to my wishlist.

Do you run it with the wheel pants and the fat tire on the front or are you using pylon wheels.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those Q500's couldn't have been very fast, if a .46 turning an 11-6 can outrun them, no matter what airframe it's in...

Make sure you fill the tank before takeoff; don't do a John Denver.. [X(]

Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
lear31A

Bob,
The assembly is straight forward. The instructions are good for pictures only, but it went together fairly quickly. I thought I would put a 46AX on it for a cool throw-around airplane and I was surprized at the speed to say the least. If I put a hot engine on this it would be extremely quick. Anyway, this is a candidate for a cool speed plane project for sure. The price is right and Alex is awesome to deal with. He will ship it immediately. I have ordered several airplanes from him. I started with the Flanker (kit) and have bought several ARF's since.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, just checked out their website. Do you think it be modifed to retract the nosewheel?

Hmm, if I lopped off the rear part of the canopy and made some minor mods, I bet my pulsejet would look right at home on top of the fuselage.. Extreme Speed AND Noise - ESN!

MJD
Old 06-02-2006, 11:30 AM
ChuckL
My Feedback: (2)

Lear31

Have you by chance flown on of the 40 size ultimates from Alex, I built the the GP ultimate kit which is the same size and is a great little bipe. The one on his site looks like a copy and I wouldn't mind having a spare. How have the quality of the arfs youv'e bought been, I had a tango from him that I lost to flutter and have been hesitant to buy another one of his arfs.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
lear31A

ChuckL- The quality of all the ARF's from Alex have been great. I guess they are better than I expected for the cost. I am not one to bash,etc.etc. but all ARF's need some little extra attention here or there. To say the least, I am satisfied!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
ChuckL
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks I may give one a try Alex is a good guy he has done some laser cutting for me as well as getting the Flanker kit from him I just didn't have good luck with the Tango.